Dealer canceled my order, broker ghosted me and is not refunding fee

For sure. That’s working for us now but just looking back on history, completely “free enterprise” does not pan out well when it scales up. Competition gets tighter and resources become thin, which creates (unfortunately) a supplier that starts to cut corners/ make it worse for the consumer. Thats where regulation comes in. Regulation unfortunately keeps the smaller guys out that cant handle the quality that the larger more funded guys can handle but it gives the consumer a better product. Then we get monopolies and then world just goes in a circle.

Soooooooooooooooooo the story goes,

1. non regulated/free enterprise with high quality product,
  2. too much competition lower quality product,
  3. then regulation
  4. higher quality product but higher costs (Only the strong capable survive)
  5. monopolies and less competition EVEN HIGHER costs/less innovation
  6. deregulation/ government forcing breakups to help with the last issue

Then it just cycles between the last 2 things.

So goes the capitalists economy in a post.

The problem is clearly not her!

It’s her:

Dealer
And partner
Vis a vis
In messes she finds herself, which she doesn’t
Deserve

13 Likes

Agreed. I don’t think she’s malicious, I think she’s swamped.

Was it intended
To be written as a poem
Or coincidence?

15 Likes

It’s not about being swamped it’s about organizational skills, experience, customer support, and conflict resolution.

Ignoring broker review responses with less than 35 reviews under your belt with 5 of them being negative you are far from having a stellar reputation. Not sure why people see this as a bump in the road for a stellar broker.

There are a lot of brokers on this site with much much higher volume and don’t have the same issues.

I doubt she is malicious and she’ll just get better over time. We can only wish her the best of luck and think of this as motivation.

Taking on problems head on, objectively in lieu of defensively, and in a timely manner is key.

Looks like someone also posted a link of this thread in the review page. That’s really the best way to bring awareness to any prospective clients paying a Venmo or Zelle to a stranger over the internet.

It is also really the best way to motivate any improvements!

15 Likes

She deserves this mess for the way she handled it. It is not her customers’ problem who/why/what prevented her from properly communicating with her client directly and on this thread.

20 Likes

I agree, a former boss in business said, “A problem isn’t going to get any better with time”.

In this instance, it’s so true!

7 Likes

I, for one, would love to know who the partner is

5 Likes

Sorry I had just got out of my Haiku class!

10 Likes

Not a coincidence.

Edit: Screw it - "dmvlease" and "david" - Google Search

6 Likes

Were you being sarcastic?

Because passing the buck is not my definition of customer service.

7 Likes

I think the only answer here is I will become the official leasehacker holder of funds. Transaction is completed funds will be released, transaction falls through all parties refunded. I will only take a small fee of 10% per transaction…for my hard work of course.

6 Likes

I genuinely believe all things aside that if we want to flourish as a community…as most of us claim.

Maybe instead of bashing her and asking for her ban we should sincerely provide her with constructive criticism and ideas on how she can improve.

I am positive the negative reviews itself is more than enough punishment with regards to loss of potential business.

8 Likes

If it’s unfortunate why she and he find themselves in messes like this…

It would be prudent to respond to refund requests in a timely fashion and avoid getting lambasted publicly.

Even when called out the response was aggressive & defensive at the same time

We don’t need lawyerly responses - just honesty as the brokers success on this platform relies wholeheartedly on honesty.

There are lots of scumbags who will and have F’d over brokers - But when you’re running a business it’s already included in the projections

No ones needs a return authorization form - this is a tactic shitty businesses use in order to avoid refunds.

There is an electronic trail for all payments which can be clarified via a myriad of methods.

8 Likes

Brought this up multiple times a while ago lol, even the addition for regular users to track private transfer experiences, the admins have their own mind.

3 Likes

I agree with this.

I’ve only had a few instances when my pricing changed due to market/residuals changing unexpectedly and I always just ate the difference using my fee. If it became a common occurrence I wouldn’t do deals with that dealer unless the vehicle was on the lot.

However a 1% difference on a specced BMW can be $800. So in that case I think refunding the fee and allowing the customer to decide if they still want the car at the new discount would be prudent.

6 Likes

I feel bad for all brokers on here if something similar happens to them if they were swamped.

When you take a clients money your first priority is to them before seeking new business. This is customer service 101.

29 Likes

I feel that at this point the constructive portion of the thread and ideas on how to improve broker to customer experience needs to be moved to the Suggestions forum. There are 3 parties to the improvement conversation, brokers, customers and site owners. At the end of the day customers and brokers can argue until everyone is blue in the face, if the site owners are not going to implement anything, then all of this is just a waste of typing.

I mean a lot of what was said in this thread can be solved by warning before a deal is made, a standard boiler plate: - venmo is not safe, - reserving a vehicle that is not in stock can result in a, b, c.

1 Like

Not swamped enough to not take on new business though.

7 Likes