Deal on Toyota Rav4

This whole conversation reminds me a dealer experience… Car dealers want to save your time and they will let you know how hard it is to sell your own car or get a better deal.

Unlike some of you, I am not selling anything and letting OP know that there are options out there.

I don’t see where you’re inferring anything about OP not “deserving” the deals he got…that’s a stretch for sure. The OP asked about a RAV4, and @Jrouleau426 can help them get into a RAV4 quickly, easily, and for a really good price (especially for a completely redesigned car). I’m sure he can also help them get into a different make/model if that’s what they end up wanting.

Some people have chosen a car for a reason and they want to get the best deal possible on that specific car. Just as you might like a particular make/model, OP may really enjoy the RAV4 and find it most suitable for their needs.

Similar meaning $50-100 more per month? Over the course of a 36 month lease, that can certainly add up. Maybe OP has a strict budget and timeline. As you said, timing is also key. Those crazy BMW (that had loyalty, OL codes, etc.) and Infiniti deals (many with VPP, MSDs, and extra incentives) aren’t happening right now.

What options do you know of in this class with the features that the RAV4 has at this price?

2 Likes

Alright to clarify:

I’m new to the art of lease hacking but i’ve been casually looking around for leases in the past month.

Here is my situation:

1. I move to Philly the 5th of June and I need a car by the 14th. It is a narrow time frame.

2. I’ll be a medical resident so will be working most of the time, so I want a reliable car.

3. Jroul is right in terms of negotiating, loyaly, OL codes - I don’t mind spending some time and learning the hoops (I do have free time atm while I am in Dallas), but if it will be too much of a hassle it may not be worth it. (need car by the 14th of June and if not the 14th by the end of the month forsure- I fly to philly on the 6th of June)

4. The Toyota Rav4 would come out to 226 for the XLE a month with a 2k security deposit per Jim’s deal (not sure on the Walk out price) @chi what car can you think of under 300 with similar terms. I’m looking for a crossover or car. Nothing like a huge q60. I think the 2019 rav4 is a sexy car. I would probably find a infiniti sedan, bmw, lexus IS, more appealing to be real but they seem much more expensive when it all adds up - wouldn’t a 40k car be around 400 a month- eg; lexus is $329 a month with 4000 due at signing on the website and bmw is near $400 - how low could it possibly go? Could I find a deal where it would be same price no signing - i checked websites like swapalease and didn’t see anything that stood out.

i’ll be heavily surfing the forums this next week! Lets see lots of learning to do!

Congrats on your residency! Currently studying for the MCAT…boy is it a beast. It took me probably 30-40 hours to lock in my last lease deal (I’m in WA state). Sure, it was fun to accomplish a solid deal on the car I wanted on my own, but if I could have paid someone $300-400 to do it for me and save me the time and energy, I totally would have.

If the RAV4 fits your needs and your budgets, go for it. If you have free time now, you can always negotiate remotely via email. Keep in mind that incentives/MF/RV will change come next month so numbers may be subject to change, unless you can lock in this month’s numbers with a credit app and then pick up once you arrive in PA. You can also search this forum by region to see what kind of deals are currently obtainable on different makes/models to see if there is something else that might fit your budget and needs as well.

$226 is not your final number. Please get a proper quote from a dealer first so you can compare. Include all the fees and taxes and 0 DAS to compare quotes correctly.

Did you test drive the car? Are you OK with LE trim?

For the suggestions.

Q50 3.0 comes to my mind. I had g37x before and loved it.

Also check BMW deals on this forum.

1 Like

How much are you actually going to drive being resident as living/sleeping/eating at hospital?:slight_smile:

Also $229 with $2k security deposit is not the same as $329.
Security deposit comes back at the end of the lease. Paying $329 goes out of the pocket forever.

3 Likes

OP is referencing security deposits, which sounds like he spoke with @Jrouleau426 and that’s the deal. Sometimes people just need or want an “appliance” for a car, which the RAV 4 clearly is, and I don’t mean that in a bad way. Also, from a professional standpoint there’s a big difference between a first year resident rolling up to the hospital in a “sensible” New, reliable car and something that appears ostentatious, even if they got a good deal on it.

2 Likes

OP does deserve all the deals but currently in the wrong timeframe to get them.
BMW sale is over so as QX60.
My QX60 payment required MSD and Conquest.
BMW required MSD, Loyalty, OL plus other DAS. So With just MSD you are going above $300 on a 3 series which is nowhere near best deals posted.

2 Likes

OP refers to $226 in the estimator tool. See the first post. I haven’t seen the actual numbers so far on RAV4 and it would make more sense to see them in a calculator…

1 Like

For reference see May post @Jrouleau426 where he has posted RAV4 for $250 plus tax, DMV and his broker fee. Call it $1k DAS roughly.
That can be done any day of the week as far as I know.
And after moving to the new city spending time negotiating deals isn’t usually the first priority.

What else for that money OP should be looking at?
QX60 sale was end of last year and it over. BMW was over end of April. What’s left?

If you have any MS debt, get something cheaper. Corolla, Elantra, Forte, etc.

It’s not just the lease payments. Insurance, gas, etc it all adds up.

1 Like

226 with 2000 mds is the number per the excel sheet provided by Jim for the XLE rav 4.

Don’t forget you also would need to pay sales tax, broker fee and registrations fee.

Yeah so realistically I should have my budget below 250 a month.

Payment per months is not your only number. Due at singing play big role in that too. Think about your budget for DAS also.
As it says you can lease Ferrari for $99 per mo the if you put enough due at singing:)

1 Like

What is “mds”? Are you talking about MSD or DAS?

It’s a Hybrid of the two. Don’t you know ?? :crazy_face:

Yeah but that’s only available on the RAV 4 Hybrid :joy:

2 Likes

multiple security deposits per the excel sheet jim sent me