Deal on 2021 BMW M340i

Ive concluded that is the biggest BMW option money maker there is :slight_smile: I have a $5 inductive charging pad from the bargain bin at Target that works just as well as the $500 wireless charging station in my i3 and I can literally plug it into the USB port that is a fraction of an inch from the BMW wireless charging spot.

I think I recall calculating that the residualized value of that wireless charging option on the 24/10 i3 lease added like $7/mo to the payment…Oh the irony … :slight_smile:

But, as you noted, sometimes the cars come with some of this stuff you dont want, but you have to take it as the overall picture still is good enough to accept.

1 Like

Sounds like a dealer add on that is not residualized. Maybe just because they are plentiful in SoCal but 60k is the sweet spot on this car (plus x drive if you need it).

That’s going to be a really nice build at 67K. Post pics.

1 Like

The only option it doesn’t have is Parking Assistant Plus (The 360 surround camera) and Driving Assistant Professional (Adaptive Cruise Control and level 2 automation).

I have both in my current Audi S5 Prestige and while very nice, I can live without both.

Wait till you hear about the $300 all weather mats :joy:

Album: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive - Imgur

Portimao Blue is so beautiful on the 3 series.

Congrats and enjoy. I’d lightly tint the windows with 50% and call it a day.

1 Like

So a little awkward question but I don’t know where else to ask.

Let’s say you get a quote from a broker and you agree to it. But when you go to sign the lease, the due at signing is $1,000 cheaper than was told to you by the broker.

However you have already paid this $1,000 to the broker on top of their broker fee.

From a customer’s point of view should it matter who that $1,000 went to?

1 Like

Is the DAS $1000 less because a $1000 deposit from what was paid to the broker was applied?

I am not 100% sure. There is a line item for Rebates and Noncash Credits which lists $2,000, which reduces the total due at signing to match the final agreed upon due at signing price when you add in the $1,000 I already Venmo’d the broker.

So maybe? At the end the price was exactly what I was quoted from the broker, so it’s not a big deal. I’m just curious as the details of the lease agreement are a little different from what I was initially told.

Did you sign an agreement listing all fees to be paid to the broker for their consulting services?

At this point if the monthly stayed the same when you signed and you are happy with the deal, then it does not matter who gets that $1k. My $0.02.

It was an agreement through text for $499 broker fee. The broker also told to me Venmo him $1000 for a total of $1499.

My understanding was that the $1,000 paid upfront to the broker was also to be used for the DAS to the dealership.

I am unsure of what that $1,000 went towards but like you said the overall bottom line numbers were good and in fact slightly better than another broker so I’m not really complaining.

This is more of a curiosity for the sake of better transparency on how deals are structured so that we are more informed customers.

If the $1000 went to the deal it would be included under “amount paid in cash” on the contract

Link to the lease agreement: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I don’t see any line item similar to that.

@Bostoncarconcierge Did you mean to just repost the pic for here?

I see what you are talking about I think. I was told the amount due at signing was $9,034.

I paid the broker directly $1,499, of which $499 was his broker fee.

My question is that there is no clear mention of that $1,000 that is the difference between $9,034 and $8,034 in the lease contract.

Ultimately, it might be irrelevant but it does matter for the sake of transparency. What is the real broker fee here?

You had mentioned you didn’t see the “amount to be paid in cash” line-so I posted that from your contract.

I don’t know the answer to your question. Probably best to speak w the person you conducted business with directly.

4 Likes

It’s just, what do I even ask? That the price he quoted me was the exact price that I paid lol?

My only intention to bring this up here was to mention this in the context of overall broker transparency.

Otherwise I am happy with my lease and the total price, which from my quick research is competitive with other brokered deals.

Thanks for looking into this.

It looks like $499 was the broker fee, but you should have confirmed with the broker what the $1k was for. Internet strangers can’t answer some of these questions for you.