Deal Help - 2019 BMW 530i Courtesy vehicle Lease

OK, residual values are 65/62/59% for 24/30/36mo respectively for 59,745 MSRP.

Thanks, but I don’t get it… I saw a guy with a similar car, MSD’s, Similar residual and percentage off his car, yet his payments were close to $400’s. What do I need to work out with the dealer to get there?

Thanks!

Ahh, I almost forgot. There’s $2500 in lease cash + $1000 Conquest that you should qualify for at the min. If you have a BMW currently, swap the $1000 conquest for $2000 Loyalty. Since the dealer has to honor those, I would guess that they factored that into the $11k discount. Which means their actual discount is only $7500, which isn’t good on a loaner. Slap on those non-sense fees and I can see how they arrived at those numbers.

If you can find that post you’re referring to, put the link here and we can see

edit: Might be off on that lease cash, best bet is to ask on Edmunds for your zip code

I am working on a BMW lease myself. This is the same form/format in which I received my quote. They conveniently don’t list several of the numbers you need to calculate the lease rate. The first thing dealers will do is try to include all incentives into their “discount,” so suddenly you have no incentives. Secondly, they try to bump up the MF (mine bumped it to .00225). Third, they try to lower the residual. Mine moved the residual to 55%. Suddenly, a lease that looks like $350/mo is $600/mo. Also, the $1,042 fee in this case looks entirely made up.

I am having some luck ignoring this form, and countering with my own proposal, using leasehackr terms from the calculator so I know exactly what they are doing.

The dealer can’t change the residual unless they change the number of miles per year.

Here is the deal

This is what I was talking about.

The biggest difference is that they got a deeper discount than you. Their selling price is without incentives, while I believe yours is with incentives. They also don’t seem to have the extra fees you have.

So you recommend I should counter offer with a 1 or 2 percentage increase on the discount (without incentives) or at least to get this discount I have plus incentives.
Also, get them to explain / remove those fishy fees?

Thanks.

I recommend asking for the rabtes/incentives broken down in a separate line item. That way you can see your true % off MSRP. From there you will have a better idea of what more to ask. Also it will be easier to replicate on the calculator because you know what is taxed and not taxed. There is some hidden monies in that deal structure.

Thank you! Will try that.

Let me know what they say too! I would like to see the numbers with legit selling price oppose to combined savings.

Is this a loaner? There is actually a formula for calculating reduction in RV for a loaner.

Yes, it is a loaner… do you mind sharing this formula?
Thanks

Start here:

Here is what they said! The incentives were included in the discount!

Do you mind sharing that counter offer with me? Thanks!!

I figured. You’re just under 13% off -rebates my friend. I just realized this is a RWD, with that being said I am a dealer in the Midwest and xDrive is kind of a must so we won’t even order sDrives. I won’t have anything comparable. Just for xDrive you’re talking an additional $2300.

Yup, a vehicle like this (ex-courtesy, under 5K) I should be aiming for 18-19% off?

1 Like

If you can get over 16% I’d shake hands. I don’t know the market out in Cali though. Hopefully someone can chime in who knows the Cali Market.

Yes 18-21% pre-incentive is appropriate target for 4-5K miles car. $47,500 to $49,000 then subtract incentives.

It’s a sedan in a market where SUV’s are the hot ticket.

2 Likes