Deal Checks: 2023 Midnight Rouge and 2023 Ariya Evolve+

Narrowed down by search to getting into a new Rouge (my 2021 Rouge’s lease ends in March) or going the EV route for the first time with the Ariya.

I’m a novice with this stuff, but it seems this lease off on a 2023 Midnight Rouge has me paying $7,000+ over the term of the lease between the stated purchased price (33,585) and the residual (22,763). I’m calculating the cost over 36 months at $18,045.

What am I missing here?

The Evolve+ offer seems comparable to others I have seen posted here.

Get the Ariya for sure but you can do better, especially considering there’s extra $5,000 rebate from CO.

It looks like they are buying out your current lease and carrying some of that equity forward into the new deal(s). Have you shopped the offer of $19,130 around?

10% on an Ariya is strong. Ask if you are getting the $1000 select inventory bonus, or if it’s baked into that discount. Get rid of the VTR fee.

Run the numbers for 18 months on the Ariya. With all of the incentives it’s often the lowest monthly.

They factored in the $5000 on the Ariya already

I have two months left on the current lease @ $327/month.

But if I am reading this right, all that’s doing for me is making the purchase price of the Rogue go up 2k. Struggling to see why I’m not financing the gap between the 33,8 purchase price and the 22,7 residual on the 36/12

I do not see them grounding your existing lease. They are buying it for $19130 and are stating you owe $17434. This gives you a small amount of positive equity (~$1696) which is reducing your lease cost but should be going into your pocket. I bet your 21 Rogue is worth over $20K.

To get the CO rebate I believe the lease must be a minimum of 24 months.

CO has a pretty steep registration cost so you have to calculate into the deal and it is paid outside the dealer. Passed on a few of the 18 month “deals” we’ve seen due to that quickly reducing the “deal factor”.

NMAC does not allow 3rd party buyouts, OP is limited on his choices to Nissan/Infiniti dealers

IMO in CO You should expect much lower payment as per this example from the same state.
Reach out to @ricon

That’s what I’m saying, with an extra $5,000 CCR in free money your payment should be better than that.

Separate those two transactions and push for the deal as i showed You above.

Keep Your Rouge one more month and return it to the dealer after last payment will be accounted in February.

1 Like

You need to put your numbers in the calculator so we can see if the MF is marked up. The deals changed from previous months and they added the $7500 lease cash but lowered the residual and upped the MF. I feel like with equity and loyalty the payment should be lower.

The Ariya also comes with a free year of EVGO charging, just another thing to keep in mind.

Here’s what I came up with using the equity, $1000 down for 36 mo, I used Denver tax which is probably one of the higher ones. Comes out to $331, what’s the VTR bs at $595?

Thanks. I am struggling to understand where they are putting some of the equity which is by design I suppose.

No reason I can’t hang onto it and pay the mileage overage fees (will be over by 2k)

They aren’t giving you any equity. The Trade Allowance and Trade Payoff lines are exactly the same. The way to know if that’s fair or not is to get quotes from Carmax, Carvana, Driveway, etc. Even if they can’t actually buyout a NMAC lease, you can still get a quote.

The guys up in Boulder are really easy to deal with if you haven’t talked to them yet, I suggest you give them a call.

2k miles or $2k?
2K miles will cost You $400

You shouldn’t turn it in because you have equity in it.

2,000 miles over

I have, but they’re all part of the same dealer network as the one I’m working with here so the pricing has been the same.