Deal Check - Volvo C40 Recharge or Kia EV6

These are the initial numbers the dealer came to me with. I didn’t negotiate anything back yet. The car has been on their lot more than 200 days it said. Think they could do better on anything/where could I negotiate? I’m kind of new to this. Let me know if there’s any other information I can provide that would help in your analysis. This is located in zip code 60123 if that helps.

200 Days?

Ask for $350 / 2k

This car is currently in the mid $400s

2 Likes

You could probably get a Mercedes EQB or EQE for this kinda money, maybe even a iX or EQS.

Or you could save a ton by getting an ID4, Ioniq, Ariya, or Niro.

Either way why get the C40?

3 Likes

My local Volvo store is selling a barely used one for $37k CPO.
https://www.scottcars.com/certified/Volvo/2023-Volvo-C40+Recharge+Pure+Electric-8b0c6da10a0e094a3ae4ccbda8f1e1bd.htm

2 Likes

Yeah I just sent him some sample deals to show what they’re really going for

Not a big fan of the way the Ariya or Ioniq5/6 look tbh. The 2024 ID.4 is supposed to be vastly improved over the 2023, so might wait for that if the Volvo doesn’t work out. I previously test drove an EV6 Wind AWD (with tech package), but the dealers were barely willing to negotiate at all on those. Which is funny considering all the Kia dealers near me have tons of them sitting on lots, many for a long time

That’s the amateur way, he will find a way to rip you off.

Just tell him how much you want to pay and how much cash. Like $350/2k. and let HIM come back with a number

1 Like

Yeah he was just like “The numbers on leasehacker and truecar might not show all the incentives and might not include tax and fees. Told him the ones most people put on leasehackr do and it’s close to what truecar lists. Then told him id do $450/2k, but he was unwilling to counter. I’ll see if another dealer would be willing to. Fortunately I’m not in any type of hurry.

1 Like

Aka I will make up ANYTHING I can to make you believe that I’m not about to go blow all my commision on hookers and blow…haha

1 Like

You don’t mention leasehackr. You are supposed to know the numbers yourself and negotiate from there.

4 Likes

Reach out to @Benedetto. He works with Volvo in SoCal.

You are aware OP is in IL right:?
He’s out of C40 in Michigan.

My bad. I was thinking of a different thread. Doesn’t IL have tax laws where you are taxed on the full price of the vehicle? And then also tax on lease payments if you’re in Chicago, so it’s going to be hard getting payments under $500/mo

Only inner city cook county - burbs cook and the others do not have that problem.

3 Likes

Keep looking thru Marketplace

You can get much more bang for your buck than a Volvo subcompact

1 Like

Haha. Must be the case. I looked again and it’s actually been on the lot 266 days specifically. Plus all their other C40 twin’s have been on the lot minimum 118 days (1x 226 days, 1x 121 days, and 2x 118 days)

1 Like

Yeah I’m in Kane county and not Cook luckily.

Not surprising considering that it barely gets 200 miles of range in the best possible conditions in the summer, so we’re talking about 130 miles in the Midwest winter, maybe 150 miles if you drive with a winter coat and only seat heaters.

I’m looking at a similar car and was offered significant discounts. I’m still second guessing it seeing the used prices right now. Even with massive MSRP discounts, the link above for $36k at only a few thousand miles is nuts!

Wow! Your post is having me second guess an offer I have on the table for a XC40 ultimate twin right now. That used value is massively low.