Deal Check - Volvo C40 Recharge or Kia EV6

Hard to see a world where buying at that price CPO - and remember EVs have an 8 year battery warranty - isn’t cheaper than leasing. The C40 and XC40 EVs get way better next year, too, so used values should fall further.

1 Like

This car is still on the dealer’s lot (275 days now, over 9 months). I noticed they cut the price another 3k. I emailed the sales manager back that I was emailing last month earlier in this thread, for shits and giggles. I pointed these things about and asked for 10k/36mo $430/mo 1k DAS. The guy said yes they discounted it another 3k, but the money factor went up so they’re still around $600/mo. Definitely still not worth it with all the other EVs out there with good incentives, discounts, better range, the 2024’s coming out, etc. They still have a bunch of other C40s that have been sitting there for over 170 days lol

2 Likes

The MF is still .00111, it didn’t go up.
It lost $1000 in Incentives though

Correct. I’ve been keeping an eye on MF and it certainly didn’t go up. They just really want to hang onto that car lol

1 Like

2023 Kia Ev6 with Tech Package

Days on lot: 254 days

36mo/12k miles
MSRP: $55,950
Selling Price: $53,604
Dealer Discount: $2,346
Manufacturer Incentives: $8,000
MF: 0.00139
Residual: 57%
Title/doc/plates: $698.26
Tax: 8.5%

EDIT: the sales guy emailed back and said they’d do $540/month with $2k down for their final offer.

can you eek out a little more discount?

10,300 is ok, but 11k would be better.

Yeah, it actually doesn’t seem like a bad deal per se, but I told him I can’t do the 540/mo w/ 2k down. Trying to get them to go lower due to time on lot, new model year out, end of year, high inventory, some other similarly equipped EV6’s selling for lower in my area, etc.