Deal Check: Toyota Corolla LE 2020

Thank you Jamie. I am familiar with how leasing process goes. My plan is to usually negotiate the overall cap cost lowest as possible. Then I talk numbers based the MF and Residual Value based from edmunds forums where I come to a monthly payment. I heard when it comes to all the sign up fees, those are unchangeable. I usually ask to waive the doc fees.

Wow didn’t think of this. Thank you Chris

1 Like

LOL ur so right

If you really like the car You’re probably better off buying. I’ve seen this car $5K off MSRP plus you can still use your loyalty of $500 (I live in FL and deals here aren’t even as good as other Regions)… in short this means the deal you’re getting is horrible… if you want to lease I’ve seen the “SE” version of this car for $250 w taxes $0 DAS And including loyalty… Lose this dealers number.

1 Like

UPDATE:

so i called another dealership over the phone as recommended by most of you and the GM gave me $1800 drive and sign for $215/month 12k miles 36 months. which is so much shaved off from my last offer!

I am going to get in contact with another dealership and use this offer to negotiate something lower than this.

Thank you everyone. I will update everyone for those who care lol.

If you’re considering this car, why not a 3 series loaner, would be the same price and more features.

Can you link to one?

1 Like

I was mentioning a demo 3 series a broker had for around 254 I recalled, exact is 265 with inceptions.
INB4 a reply, I was looking at the original post’s price when referencing my comment.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bklCluQDLgmdchr7Y4_X3MI07uwHHtOBuq9ee5ZhiOA/edit#gid=0 cell 1

The broker i tried to get in contact with said its hard because of quarantine. most dealerships are closed.

So your idea of “same price with more features” is $50/month more and $500 DAS more before taxes?

On a $43k MSRP stripper with almost no options?

NTM a well-negotiated price on a Corolla should be even lower, making the delta even larger

1 Like

I was referring to the original post at 254/month. Your point of the delta is correct, but if he was willing to pay 254 in reference to his original post, why not stretch the 10/month, get free maintenance, and some other nice features in a BMW stripper. Obviously one is going to be more fun to drive over the other no? The Corolla LE doesn’t even have a sunroof at this MSRP. I’d trade blindspot and ACC for a sunroof, and no CVT in the 3 series most days of the week, that’s personal though, I HATE mushy CVTs.

Edit: looking at MSRP the BMW has some options, probably blindspot, heated seats/wheel, as it is a standard loaner build but one can only assume.

When someone looking for a Corolla gets a horrible quote, the answer is not to go looking for a 3-series.

The answer is to get a Corolla or similar for a well-negotiated price, which is much lower than a 3-series.

The quote in the OP is a straw man. No one in their right mind would ever pay that much for a Corolla

4 Likes

The deals aren’t even close to being comparable. OP wouldn’t qualify for loyalty, so that BMW comes out closer to $293 with over $32xx DAS plus $2100 in MSDs.

1 Like

I back you up on this. Even if OP ends up having to pony up more money up front, or on monthly payment it’s definitely money well spent.

A Corolla over a 3? Really? Is this even a comparison? The safety features that they boast so hard are mediocre at best. Everything is just better on a bimmer, everything.

Isn’t leasing all about getting the most value for your money as opposed to negotiating the best deal on a mediocre car?

At that monthly price might as well buy it. I would never lease a Corrolla for more than $100/month all in and I wouldn’t lease a 3 for more than 300 per month all in.

Shoot, forgot about that. Fleet is 2k this month, so that might help, and 1k college grad for BMW on 3 series. He at least qualifies for college.

@max_g you are very right, and I know when I’m beat. However, I don’t know how much room there is to wiggle on this, as brokers don’t have anything significantly lower (lowest with MSDs I’ve seen is 189/month with similar inceptions).

No harm meant to mods over this thread, good points were brought up, and good points were made. Overall it’s up to OP to take what advice anyone gives, with some salt, and make his own deal.

1 Like

Well, except all the features the stripped loaner doesn’t come with…

2 Likes

Like iDrive without nav? I hope you’re not suggesting you’d rather take Toyota’s clunky UI over iDrive.

What is one killer feature that stripped down 2019+ 3 doesn’t have that the Corolla has?

Adaptive cruise control. If you spend your time commuting in heavy traffic, an existent ACC system beats strong driving dynamics every day of the week.

1 Like

Closed temporarily because prohackr wants to derail one thread after another.

Go find another forum to troll.

You shouldn’t be shopping by monthly payments. You should understand how to get to those numbers. What is the MF? You should roll in all the fees and just pay max MSDs at signing.

1 Like