Deal check: Porsche macan loaner, GLC, etc

Hello trying to look if this is a good deal, sorry if im not posting according to rules, its my first time posting so please excuse my inexperience

I was looking for a SUV model to lease (was looking at bmw x3, mercedes GLC) then my spouse said just for fun why not go for porsche if the price is similiar

So the attached picture is the msrp of the porsche macan.

The deal is $699 +tax, 5k drive off.
(Edit: its a 39 month lease, sorry for to post this)
It is a demo/loaner vehicle (has 5000 miles). I was wondering is this a good deal to take?? The others (mercedes glc is 670 with 3000 drive off, similiar to bmw x3), so i was thinking why not go for porsche if its a similiar price

Thanks for any input!

edit: hi i got the breakdown just now, seems a bit high, which part can i negotiate with the dealer?

No, this is not a good deal. Do you have any idea how they came up with that payment?

Not sure. I went to the dealer shop and they had it available for test drive. I asked why it was cheaper than the regular 2023 macans and they said it was because it was a loaner model (5000miles driven).

is it not a good deal because its a 2023 macan? or because the monthly payments are high ?

you should not have a $700 payment on a 63k macan. This is awful. Look at some of the marketplace deals brokers can do as a reference. In fact – please work with one of them. You will get eaten alive if you dont know what youre doing.

1 Like

Really? I thought it was a good deal considering the mercedes glc is 50k and is 670 a month 3000 drive off… i did look into the marketplace a lot but whenever i inquired they just didnt have the listed price for me

You can’t just compare across cars like that. Youre not financing the purchase and every car leases differently depending on incenties, cap cost, money factor, residual, the list goes on.

2 Likes

thank you i guess i was about to get into a really bad deal… didnt even try to negotiate. I’ll cancel the plan to lease tomorrow, guess i have to do more research. I personally thought 700 a month on a 62k car is a good deal lol

It isn’t $700 effectively. It is $818/mo when you include $5k driveoffs, assuming 36-mo term and the $5k includes first month.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with inexperience but take a few minutes to look at other deal checks in Ask the Hackrs

You’ve posted none of the information required to evaluate your quote.

1 Like

Payment is quite high for the unit.

Not that it matters much, but I don’t think the lease term was listed? If you’re strictly chasing the payment (and not TCO), it can significantly vary between say a 12 mo or 18 mo vs. 36 or 39 month with PFS. This typically isn’t as true with a lower spec base Macan, but something to keep in mind if you browse other models.

Thank you

I didnt know how to find the residual value and the MF…

Is it ok to ask the dealers for this information?

Sorry i completley forgot to post… its a 39 month lease.

It may not be a bad deal. Ask the dealer to supply the following information:
Selling price
Money Factor (MF)
Residual value
Taxes and Fees

Run these numbers through the calculator to see how they ended up at $699 with $5K DAS. I think you should be getting at least 15% discount with no mark up in the MF.

If you live in CA and keep it to term, you’re going to pay a full year registration to drive that last 3 months. You should target a lease term divisible by 12.

You can post on Edmunds or become a paid Super Supporter here for access to rate finder. The dealership can’t mess with the residual, but they can markup the Money Factor.

If you want a good deal, you should STOP communicating with dealers until you understand all the numbers.

Not a good deal for a loaner. Would push for 15-16% off at a minimum, have personally got 20-21% but they’re far and few between.

Based on the sheet you posted:

You are getting the base money factor for 39/10k, which is 0.0037
Discount: 10%

For some reason I cannot get to your exact number using the calculator though.

As other folks have suggested, IMO the weakest point of this deal is the discount, which I think should be higher than 10% for a loaner.

Another thing you may consider is to do one-pay which I believe will reduce the money factor to 0.0031 (at least what it looks like for this month) and should bring the price down for another 50-60 monthly.

Hello

Im inquiring regarding a quote i received from the dealershop regarding the mercedes benz GLC 300.
they say theyre having a holiday sale, im gna say im not going to do any down payment option, but is this a good deal?

i asked for money factor but he didnt tell me, and that residual value looks… off to me. am i right? thanks in advance!

DO NOT do a 60 month lease.

thank you, i didnt say 60 months but i dont know why he put that down lol i’ll mention that to him.

I would strongly suggest taking a step back and stop reaching out to dealers for a quote. You have a couple of options:

Option 1 - If you want to understand the basics of leasing, check out Leasing 101 — EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR.
Option 2 - Check out broker deals in the Marketplace.