Deal check on 2023 Volvo S60 Recharge Ultimate

Yikes. Pass on this one. You will paying more and more due at signing over my '23 XC90 B6 Ultimate with B&W sound system 24/12 lease.

1 Like

I am in WA, buying a car in CA.

What do you think of this deal. It is at MSRP minus a $7500 lease discount and $1000 partner discount, totaling a reduction of $8500 for the lease. Let me know what you think.

Go for it, OK deal, or terrible deal?

If a terrible deal, do you think that Volvo will make this deal more attractive later in the year?

What has been the typical residual value percentages of Volvos in leases?

Thanks for your input.

Horrible deal. Time for you to move on from Volvo. $1030 effective on a Volvo is wild. That’s x5 type of money

You have 0% of msrp.

2 Likes

For an S60? Absolute insanity. Next step: check with the brokers on the sub-forum here.

1 Like

What makes this deal better than your previous offers?

2 Likes

Wow. This is much much more than $100k+ MB EQS money.
Just look at this

1 Like

As @Jon was merging the new post into the old thread, I effectively wrote the same reply.

This deal is a hard pass, even if leasing with intention to purchase.

1 Like

How much are PHEV savings gas wise? Does it last longer? I get about 600-620 range on a xc60 mild hybrid.

It all depends on your driving/charging, but the answer is “not enough to break even on the price-bump, in any reasonable term”. You get it for the :racehorse: :horse:

Says the guy who called @Benedetto today trying to order a V60 T8 :crazy_face:, because he still can’t find anything he likes nearly as much.

1 Like

Did he pick up? :grin:

Yes - but he also forgot me on hold when @aronchi called him

And like 99% of our calls, somehow Goldbelly was discussed

Yeah, tell me about it…

1 Like

Thanks everybody for your insights, input and advice. I really like the car and was hoping it would get a pass. But I was too optimistic. This deal eats up way too much of the $8500 in discounts. I will reach out to Benaetto. And maybe look at the MB too. Thanks again for your time and input.

1 Like

I’ve seen you trying for 15 days. Why do you want this car in specific over the mild hybrid? I’m assuming you’re commute is less than 41 miles a day?

We have solar panels and like the electric lifestyle. Would go with 100% electric but like the flexibility of range with PHEVs with no range anxiety. Current have an i3 and love it. This next car will definitnately be an electric/PHEV. On my list are '22/'23 Model Y Performance or Model 3 Performance, '24 Prius Prime, XC60 Recharge. Why this S60, because my wife has always wanted a Volvo, I want performance, we both want electric. She hates the look and feel of Tesla and wants something more upscale than Prius Prime. If anything, I might just wait until I find a used one with this specific car’s spec. I was hoping that the $8500 discount on the lease was going to make up the gap with finding a used one without having to wait and getting a new car. We have always purchased used and kept our cars for over 7 years, so owning a used is our preference. The lease deal seemed theoretically a way to get a car for about the cost of a used car.

Maybe checkout CPO’s, they come with a 5 year unlimited mile warranty.

Currently, there aren’t any used on the market with the spec I’m looking for. I am guessing that later in the year more '22 will come to market used. I’m just anxious and don’t want to wait. But I am willing to wait for a fair deal. This lease looks like it is a horrible deal for me and super great for Volvo. I just want a fair deal, not an excellent deal, just something that works for me and the dealer and Volvo, equally.

Will lease much better than an S60 recharge

2 Likes

Good to know. And I have schedule a call with @Benedetto

1 Like

Have you checked out the EQS or IX or etron?