Deal Check: Kia Telluride EX AWD

That makes it terrible. For example, my Volvo loaner with incentives and no loyalty was 29% off MSRP. If you’re paying msrp, you’re doing it wrong.

What options are you including?

When I go to kia’s website and build an AWD EX, I get an MSRP of $39920, add in destination and you’re right about at the $40760 price. Obviously, a few more options could raise that.

I think what they’re doing is showing a “market price” where someone normally shows MSRP, and then “discounting” it down from there, possibly with the incentives. The “market price” is actually MSRP + markup.

Drive guidance is a feature that’s totally worth adding as well, imo. Better infotainment, factory nav/satellite radio, on-star, and highway drive assist, which gives way better “self driving” on the highway in stop and go traffic.

I added the moonroof, ex premium package (have to there is nothing without it available) and leather seats: $41,180. and then they add items like mats, tow hitch etc in the price too as “that is all they have”

Thanks for letting me know the market price theory… makes sense

Is it the same as the Highway Driving Assist in KIA?

Its good iirc from what mllcbs said and reviews. Kia is owned by Hyundai FYI. Mllcb also said it’s the same infotainment.

True that… I have seen a lot of cars which have higher discounts on the MSRP and in fact I have seen that in the previous purchases as well but honestly these cars are killing the whole market, no discount I understand hot selling product etc. but over the price??

Yes, you can see it on low supply and high demand cars, look at a Honda Civic type r, or something like that.

0.02, unless you’re willing to pay dearly, go with something similar, the palisade leases better, at 760/month And 0 down, you’re dangerously close to x7 territory. That’s a sign the telluride doesn’t lease well, don’t get caught up on the car, if it has what you want, the wife approves, and looks nice to you, don’t hesitate because you ‘want’ a Kia.

P.S Kia doesn’t allow lease transfers according to swap a lease and the forum members who have tried.

Honestly, I am running with 4 options here but I am not getting anything back from any of the other manufacturers. That is one more thing I had listed in the post do emails work in the leasing world? Going to a dealership is something I would prefer only on the final sale day as of now

It’s sunday, dealerships are closed, there is covid, you’re going to take a bit to hear back. PA and NJ close on Sunday, so be patient with them. Email and text is best, in person is frowned upon.

It’s been a week for Ford at least. I did send some more queries last Friday but let’s see next week.

Considering we have been discussing options… without breaking any forum rules if I may ask how is the VW atlas? Is the acceleration really suffocating? It does cover most of the list I have…

Yes, same system

The atlas is great if you need a lot of cargo space/big 3rd row.

I think that’s the end of the list of its selling points

1 Like

The explorer is a huge let down

1 Like

some details on the explorer?

What color?

Click the link there are pictures.

I don’t get why isn’t the Honda Pilot one of your options.

It would be my first one, followed by Highlander.