Deal Check: Is this the Taycan world we live in?

Trying to understand the Taycan market, looks like like there are no discounts offered. There are 478 Taycans in the 200 Mile radius area around LA. 327 are on lots, rest in transit - I counted.

Was hoping to get something around 39/10k on a cross-turismo for around $1100 + tax. Am I crazy?

Offered deal #1 from Porsche Woodland Hills - This sounds like straight robbery, and they wouldn’t budge.
Model: 2024 Taycan Cross Turismo
MSRP: $120k
DAS: $10k - includes 1st payment & registration
Monthly: $1539 + tax
Terms: 39/5k

Offered deal #2: 2024 Taycan Cross Turismo
MSRP: $128k
DAS: $7k
Monthly: $1500 + tax
Terms: 39/7.5k

1 Like

The ones in transit and at port aren’t getting to the lots until a banned part is swapped. Don’t count those.

2 Likes

How much discount do you need to get $1,100 plus tax per month?

Good point, appreciate the context on the in-transit ones.

1 Like

I was interested in seeing what woodlands hills is doing. They had 170 new Taycans in stock last I checked. We sold them 5 Taycans we didn’t want.

Yes, you probably are crazy to think a CT will be $1100/mo. But what is that $1100 based on?

The moment I read Porsche and the words “lease deal”, I know it can’t be true. Unless you’re ready for a base model that has less features than a Hyundai or willing to put up a crazy monthly, it’s not practical. Either finance a used one or look at something else(EQE, EQS, E-tron GT, i5, i7, model S).

3 Likes

The $1100 was a guesstimate based on almost equivalent MSRP vehicles, mostly from the pre-negotiated section of the site & marketplace. I erred on the miles though, since I’m thinking 10k, not 7.5k/yr

Pre-negotiated deal Comparisons:
$112k msrp E-Tron GT - $691/mo for $5.5k DAS on 7.5k miles
$128k msrp EQS 580 - $931/mo ($731 with MSD & fleet) for $5k DAS on 7.5k miles

The E-Tron & EQS are probably the wrong ones to look at I realize. It looks like the i7 might be a better comparison for the Taycan:
PND listing: $129k MSRP, $1.3k/mo ($1.17 w MSD & loyalty) $5k DAS

I’ll probably end up with an EQE 500 or EQS, but I’m still very surprised they are keeping the prices so high on the Taycan. And the cars are just sitting on lots, seems a bit baffling to me but maybe I just don’t understand the economics.

Porsche has always had a different selling philosophy. BMW’s goal is to put a car in everyone’s driveway. Porsche is completely okay with you not buying the car for whatever reason (price, practicality, features, etc).

You should spend some more time researching on this website and read the wiki (I don’t mean that as a dig, there is a lot of info on there and I see you are a newer user). Just because cars have similar MSRPs, doesn’t mean they lease the same at all since they each will have different leasing programs and dealer discounts.

11 Likes

Didn’t take it as a dig, appreciate the answer. The wiki seems like a good place to start to get some more info and learn more.

it’s pushing 200 w the CTs. what the hell are they even doing? literally no one wants that car.

2 Likes

The difference between Porsche and Audi is that Porsche is able to offload cars just for the purpose of people trying to build up spend for a 911 reservation. The Hermes of the auto world

5 Likes

You should hit up Samuel at Beverly Hills Porsche

3 Likes

Paper weights.

Wonder if theyre thinking Porsche will pull an Audi and throw a bunch of incentives at it?

1 Like

Woodland Hills just moved into a brand new facility that must’ve cost a fortune to build. Wonder how much it factors in their business model? Either that or they’re saving up for a rainy day special having a former KCAL 9 weatherman Carl Bell on their sales staff :thinking:

BTW, their fancy Porsche branded fast chargers have been DOA since grand opening.

3 Likes

They offered me 39/5 $2,439.14 inc tax. end of December with minimum drive off (first payment, acquisition fee, taxes and DMV) of $4,698.00 on a pre-owned $139,600 2023 4S CT. They know what they got!

In all seriousness, they’re actually pretty popular in LA.

Lease a Taycan is probably more expensive than buy an used 911 and sell it after 3 years

2 Likes

Did u see this Taycan Turbo S for $1249?

5 Likes

The base Taycan I get quoted for one pay 2 years with 10k miles comes out to slightly under $1,500 effective. Consistent with market when I speak to most reps.

1 Like

Wait- didn’t Sam already leave? I heard he’s working things out with Audi but nothing set in stone yet

He’s referring to the Porsche salesperson/influencer Sam who is quite popular on Instagram (also think he’s Porsche’s #1 salesperson in the US)