Deal Check: Help 2020 Honda Pilot Ex-L

Got it… was trying to stay closer to $400.

I got the dealer to drop $500 off the pricing getting me $399 zero down.

Hemet dealership is playing games offering sales prices that “don’t apply” to leases.

It doesn’t have to be a fully loaded SEL like his. You can get one more comparably equipped to a Pilot Exl

I had given up all hope on the Palisade. I had been quoted $500/month $0 down on the base 2 months ago so I figured anything higher trim would be worse. I still see on TrueCar the best price in SoCal is MSRP - $200. Not sure if I am going to be able to get close to ~$415 including tax like I am on the Pilot EX-L

Nissani and Bob Baker will both give true car numbers lower than that in my experience.

Bob Baker agreed to a price quite a bit less than their truecar offer too.

What was it that you ended up with,Palisade? How much and terms?

Still sounds ridiculous!I can get the GX460 at that price.

Well sure, the GX460 is over a decade old though and definitely shows its age.

The XC90, on the other hand, is the bigger issue from a lease stand point when price shopping.

1 Like

Yes it’s a decade old…but still gorgeous and RELIABLE! Kia and Palisade brand new,they should be paying us to take the car and let them know all the bugs in it instead of the other way around!

The same GX460 that had a stop sale placed on it when it came out because the VDC system was so poorly designed that it was deemed a safety issue? That’s a pretty serious bug.

The GX barely qualifies as a 3-row SUV but hey if it floats your boat go ahead and get it.

Didn’t need a 3 row! I’m sure you still can’t put a normal size adult in the Palisade or Telluride.

The third row in the palisade is quite comfortable for a full size adult. I don’t know that I’d want to do 1000 miles a day back there, but it’s a totally reasonable place for an adult.

What are you even doing in this thread? Do you have anything to contribute to a 3-row SUV discussion or not?

Who do you think you are?

I didn’t know I have to get authorization from you,Jerk!

Ok I think I have talked to about every Honda dealership in California - it took a lot of work but I got the price down to 33,335

Any Final thoughts? Thanks for all the advice!

You might want to check out a Traverse. I’m watching the 3 row market, too, and if money wasn’t an object I’d have a Palisade Limited, not SE or SEL. While driving one you can’t help but think ‘this is the future’.

But money is an object and the Traverse 1LT checks all my boxes for about $60 less per month than a Pilot EX-L which is hundreds less than a Limited.

I’m not seeing any offers that make me want to run out and sign yet but that rarely happens in the 3 row class.

If you’re getting a Traverse 1LT for $300 plus tax (60 less than the OP’s pretax payment of 360), then a lot of people would be interested in that.

I’m in MN so I need AWD. Sign and drive for a Traverse would be $369 with lease loyalty and $1k GM card top up. An EX-L sign and drive with towing package (IIRC) is $426.

I’m in $140 Silverado and $144 Equinox leases so I’m having a tough time getting excited about $369/mo. I’m sure I’lll eventually get over it.