Deal Check: Benz 2023 EQE 350+ Loaner in Texas

Hello Everyone!

Please check if it is a good deal.

2023 EQE 350+ Loaner (Miles: 5,200)

Sale price: $82,000. MSRP: $64,200 (21.7% Pre-incentive Discount)

Lease: 36 months/12k miles

Monthly payment: $650 (including taxes and fee) + $1,000 due at signing

Thanks.

2 Likes

Directionally the discount looks about what I’ve seen on other loaners. Do you have an American Express card? Believe that’s another $5,000 off potentially.

I do. He is saying payment includes all incentives. Including Amex

21.7% discount, is that pre-incentive or post-incentive. If it is pre-incentive, it’s what other have got on march for eqe loaner. If it is post, you can negotiate more.

The math isn’t mathing.
You’re getting 21% off MSRP, there should be another $11-12K incentive (depending on whether you have Amex or not). Not sure how the dealer arrived at $650. It should be significantly less for a 2 year lease let alone a 3 year.

Edit: I now see you said Texas. So that has the crazy sales tax built in right? Maybe it does make sense.

Amex is only an extra $1k or so.

On a 2023 EQE SUV AmEx site still shows $5,000… highly variable by model for sure.

1 Like

Yes, but it displaces the ~$4k incentive you get otherwise, so its only a net change of $1k

1 Like

Which $4K incentive? the dealer cash, which may or may not be fully passed through on the car? Lease cash is still 7.5

On op’s case, I highly doubt the dealer that incompetent not to pass through the dealer cash with that kind of discount.

The $4000 mib bonus cash.

2 Likes

ah got it now, misread when you said 1,000 extra.

Post your best attempt at the LH calculator

1 Like

Please post a detailed breakdown or post the deal sheet for clarity.

Finally, I got the updated numbers. Here you go.

I was in a hurry so I ended up signing the lease. I hope I’m not paying more.

Let me know what you guys think

Did you have amex or just mib? Youve got $4-5k of incrntives rolled into your selling price on your calc.

Correct. $5k is for Amex and the rest is dealer incentives.

Did you have TX tax credits or anything? Your calculator has the wrong taxation selected so its wrong by about $3k

In Texas you have to pay 6.25% taxes on MSRP even though you are leasing it for 36 months. About $4000 taxes over 36 months.

On the selling price, actually.

I think that’s @mllcb42’s point. You selected the option for the monthly to be taxed, not the selling price.

2 Likes