Deal Check: Audi Etron Prestige

DonnyAudi what would a similar car be if you could deliver in Northeast?

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 2

I want to give a shout out for the absolute pleasure of working with @DonnyAudi . He was non aggressive in pushing a sale, very prompt in his follow ups and had the best lease rates compared with all Audi dealers from SF bay area and Sacramento area.

3 Likes

One of the moderators on the Edmunds forum is saying if you take the 2k loyalty you must take the standard MF, which was jacked this month. I had a few offers at standard MF including loyalty…any chance you can clarify? Thank you!

Loyalty qualifies with special MF, you do not need to use the standard.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Please keep all your “wanted” ads here - Part 2

I daily an Etron, it’s definitely not a slow car. Especially for its weight. Its actually very fun to drive, especially with the air suspension. Not here to defend the car by any means, I know it’s a fantastic machine. Everyone has their preferences… i’d prefer to drive an EV that doesn’t look like your typical EV. Regarding range, these are meant to be commuters and your every once in a while trip vehicle. Would I appreciate a bit more range? Sure. How often would I use it? Almost never. Range anxiety applies to all EV’s, whether you have 200 mile or 300+. I’d much rather rent a second gas car on a road trip. I often find that most EV customers have a 2nd vehicle which is gas anyways. Just my .02 :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Does the 4000 dealer market allowance on Etron is loyalty and Costco or is something different

These are all seperate from eachother. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

1 Like

So basically you can have 7500 lease cash 4000 market allowance 2000 loyalty and 2000 cosco combined

Correct. Again, please PM me if you have any questions.

1 Like

This 100%. Having an EV + an ICE family vehicle (love our Odyssey) is the perfect combo if you commute but also road trip or are a weekend warrior.

1 Like

The Audi credit no longer makes sense for a lease as Audi jacked up standard money factors by 100 on all 2019 models. They obv want people to pay cash or finance these vehicles. And no you cannot combine 0% on the Audi credit if people ask…not sure why people would want to purchase these cars rather than lease anyways.

Because the standard MF is very high if you want to take advantage of that additional $3k finance rebate but you can finance through CUs at about half of that standard MF rate. Factoring in the equity you are building with a purchase and state tax credits that may only apply to a purchase (for example in CO lease gets $2k tax credit but purchase gets the full $4k), your net monthly cost can be less depending on your situation.

Sure, you can mention potential savings… but many do not look 2-3 years down the road. The E-Tron has been out for maybe a year… abeit a slow start to the market where it is now really taking off. Does anyone know the value of an E-Tron next year? I do not have a crystal ball but considering the E-Tron is being listed with 4 digit miles in the low 50’s as a Certified Vehicle when the MSRP was 80k on average, and considering the continuing depreciation due to these crazy low incentives. E-Trons will be an absolutely used car bargain in the future.
Now imagine financing one of these vehicles now at this moment, sure you got a low rate, sure you got crazy discounts, but that will all mean nothing if you have negative equity in 2-3 years due to the market demand accelerating depreciation faster than you can pay it off.
I am no financial advisor, but I would lease this car and see where the market is in 2-3 years, worst case scenario, I used the equity in my lease to buy it out… Yes I said equity and lease in the same sentence!!!

1 Like

Last week a requested a quote for my future e tron $77k msrp and 2k miles ODO. Carvana offered $44k . :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Well thats even steeper than thought, that kind of offer is their way of saying “We do not really want your car, unless we can get it for a steal.”

What did you think it would be, for a car that retails in the 50’s?

1 Like

Thats one part of it, but another bigger influence is the anticipation of used car surplus hitting the market now until end of summer. In order to create a market for a vehicle, you only have to lower the price.
You can’t exactly trade vehicles pre-covid values and expect to make it even nowadays.
You trade low to anticipate the dip in prices in the market in weeks ahead. That is exactly what every retail establishment will do, so do not be surprised when you buy that COVID low priced car in June-July you get a super low number on your trade as well. But if you do not have a trade; welcome to the buyers market.

Owning this car would be a disaster. Looked at a P+ with my dad 3 weeks ago. It was used, had 248 miles and was offered at $53,750. Still hasn’t sold. Really nice EV though.