Deal check 2024 Mercedes GLE 450 E (PHEV)

Mercedes GLE 450 E (PHEV) lease quote
I am kind of newbie here. I was looking into EQS45O suv initially but changed my mind to GLE 450 E since I already have Tesla. We do long trip once in a while and charing frequently was not happy due to delayed time.
I tried to contact a couple brokers here but looks like this model is so hot to get it so I tried the local dealers and one of them gave me this quote.
MSRP:$76.195
Security deposit:$11,000
month: 39/10000 per year
Purchase option: $37485.55
Monthly:$996.78
Upfront fee including tax and others:$17569.20

They did not let me know how to calculate preincentivenselling price, rv and others… Can you let me know how bad this deal is? I live in MD with 6% tax.

The GLS 450 comes in a plug in hybrid version? I thought it was just a mild hybrid (not a plug in PHEV)

They do have a plug in.

I think you’re looking at a GLE 450 PHEV… not a GLS.

1 Like

GLE450e, I mean

Oh, sorry. Thanks for correcting. I did edit the mistake.

Oh ok then yeah your deal is basically the canned deal with 0% off MSRP and the $7,500 EV rebate.

The forum already had a discussion about leasing the GLE PHEV here. The main change is your lease at 39 months instead of 36.

I can hear @max_g getting ready to type something about how it doesn’t make sense to lease this car haha. He’d say something about paying $46k to drive a $76k car for 3 years (edit and 3 months) without having equity is a bad decision; and how you should simply enter into the lease and immediately buy out the car and re-finance with a local credit union.

At which point you would just ignore the whole MSD situation since you’d just apply the cash instead as a down payment for a possible loan against the vehicle.

1 Like

Does it make sense to lease this, if you have to pay tax on the full selling price? If you can afford the $11K security deposit, would it make more sense to lease and then buy out the car immediately (and use the $11K as a down payment)?

I am trying to lease under company so that we can use $12000 yearly as our business expense. I was informed that we can only use about $5000 if we purchase based on our business purposes from our accountant. I am not an expert on tax side so I am not sure.

Yes, by all means lease this thing if your goal is to get the nicest ride using your tax shield. But if you’re just trying to save money the Volvo XC90 T8 PHEV will probably cost a lot less over a lease term. @thevolvoguy hands them out like candy in the East Coast…

MB leases outside of their BEVs are really expensive, but of course MB buyers often will pay because das beste oder nichts.

1 Like

are you his burner account? lol that was very spot on

I cant fathom being in NJ and having the opportunity to pay $0 sales tax on an ev, but opting to go phev just to avoid renting a car for a once a year long trip.

1 Like

They mentioned MD taxes…

Most people suffer from range anxiety & lots of horror stories of EV performing subpar in the extreme cold/hot environment have led to inclination towards PHEV rather than EVs

lack of adequate charging infrastructure for the masses (which has increased considerably in past few years) and conventional auto manufacturers/ dealer networks not fully backing Evs in terms of value propositions for the average consumer.

Ah. I went off the NJ tag for the thread and assumed that meant NJ

MD tax is so brutal on leases it’s insane. You’d be better off buying something.

I’m not sure what business benefits from higher expenses.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.