Deal Check: 2024 BMW M4 Comp. Xdrive

Was able to get this deal on an in-stock unit, but haven’t signed yet:

The discount is good, but it looks like the MF is marked up from .00267 to .00297. If I did the math correctly, I think it still comes out to around a 6.5% discount with the marked up MF, which seems decent. Only other thing is the high dealer fees at $995. Would definitely welcome opinions though.

Pretty sure I saw a 4k off or 7k incentive

Looks like they are just using that

Hm…I hadn’t seen that. The only thing I’ve seen for the M4 is the $1500 loyalty rebate. I’ll double check though.

Saw some brokers post 8/9% off

On the comp. Xdrive? I was thinking I saw the post for 8% on the manual, maybe I missed it though.

1 Like

There was a post a few days ago I think for BMW San Rafael that said there was a mailer for all M4 models at $7k off?

https://www.bmwofsanrafael.com/new-inventory/index.htm?model=M4

I’ll take a look, that might be a good alternative. I would think the shipping alone would be in the $1300 range, but may still make sense. Thanks!

A deal that is equivalent to 6% off and buy-rate is plenty fair for an M4 right now.

1 Like

Yeah, the marked up MF wasn’t sitting well with me, but I thought even at 6% it seemed okay, plus the fact of not paying a broker fee or having to ship it.

I just don’t think a m4 is worth that price personally

Go buy a c63s and the v8 will hold alittle more value I believe.

Forget about that, marked up money factor doesn’t matter if you’re getting a good enough deal.

If this is local to you, you’re likely not going to do better thru myself or any other broker once you factor shipping and broker fee.

I have a few I can do 6-6.5 off with buy-rate money factor, but I’d imagine you’ll net out similarly. If you want me to send you those options so you can see them, PM me.

Now prepare for the part of the thread where people who can’t afford it will crap on your decision to get this car because it’s not a “good lease”

5 Likes

Sure, I’d love to at least see the other options before I pulled the trigger on this one.

1 Like

I PM’d you window stickers

1 Like

Yeah man, anyone who calls out the wisdom of a $50,000+ M4 lease must be because they can’t afford it.

6 Likes

lol. So true. In the past 2 years I’ve leased an M3, X3M and X5M. Didn’t get a “good lease” but got the car I want, fair market price, a happy wife and a whole lot of fun.

2 Likes

Was waiting for you specifically to reply this, I’m not talking about you, I’m talking about gen-pop

1 Like

But you knew he couldn’t help himself so you said it anyway.

After all, why lease an M4 when you can lease a Kia Rio for a lower TCO?

5 Likes

I nearly spit my water as I read this :rofl:

Like @GFit said, might be a bad lease, but you got it for the right discount, and it makes you happy, then so be it.

If the M4’s outperforms it’s residual, he can recoup some money, and if not, it’s not like much was lost leasing the car versus buying and owning for several years although I am not looking to get into the weeds on the math right now.

Now I will agree there are objectively cars that should never be leased, obviously something where you’re paying 50k to lease a 60k car makes no sense, but this isn’t quote that extreme.

1 Like

What about financing it or the balloon ? The discount is fine but that doesn’t mean it’s the best way to structure the deal. Though m3s tend to hold value better than m4 imo but obviously no one is giving you 7-8% off on an m3 right now

The calc posted shows 52 lease cost for a car selling for 85. Have you seen many more worse value props than that? Like how much worse does it need to be to meet your threshold?

2 Likes