Deal check: 2024 Audi A3 Premium Plus, AWD, $657 / mo, $2K DAS, 42/10K (PA)

Getting out of my Lexus IS 350 lease and looking at the Audi A3. (Not a fan of the A4.)

Everything is more expensive these days and I’m hesitant to jump into a new lease for a less expensive car at roughly the same price as my Lexus lease has been ($675 / mo) but here we are.

Details:

|MSRP $46,340.00
|AutoNation Savings - $3,047.77|
|Rebate: - $4,500.00
|AutoNation Price $38,792.23
|Appearance Protection - 3 Yr + $699.00|
|Dent Protection - 3 Yr + $699.00|
|Performance Window Film + $599.00|
|Vehicle Selling Price: $40,789.23|
|Trade-in Value: - $33,500.00| (End of Lexus lease, slightly higher than buyout.)
|Difference: $7,289.23|
|Sales Tax (estimate): + $623.06|
|Trade Payoff: + $33,234.00|
|Tire/Battery/MVWEA + $ 4.00|
|DOCUMENTARY FEE + $499.00|
|TITLE + $100.00|
|LICENSE + $187.00|
|REG + $20.00|
|LIEN + $20.00|
|CVR FEE + $20.00|
|Balance Due (estimate): $41,996.29|

Lease Details:
42 Months
Rebates : $1,500 (Costco)
10,000 Miles
$657 / mo
$2,000 cash down

Car:
2024 Audi A3
Premium Plus 40 TFSI quattro
Manhattan Gray Metallic
TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE -inc: Audi MMI Navigation Plus, Audi Connect NAV & PLUS, 6-month trial subscription, acceptance of terms required, Audi Virtual Cockpit Plus, 12.3" screen, Traffic Sign Recognition, Bang & Olufsen Sound System w/3D Sound : 9AB

BLACK OPTIC SPORT PACKAGE -inc: Black Exterior Trim, Wheels: 18" 5-Double-Spoke-V Design, Graphite gray finish, Sport Suspension (-15 mm), Tires: 225/40R18 92H XL All-Season : 98X

The following options are installed on this vehicle:
Sun/Moonroof
Leather Seats
Navigation System
Lane Keeping Assist
Keyless Start
Lane Guidance & Emergency Assist Delete Credit
Black Optic Sport Package -Inc: Black Exterior Trim
Wheels: 18" 5-Double-Spoke-V Design
Graphite Gray Finish
Sport Suspension (-15 Mm)
Tires: 225/40R18 92H Xl All-Season
Technology Package -Inc: Audi Mmi Navigation Plus
Audi Connect Nav & Plus
6-Month Trial Subscription
Acceptance Of Terms Required
Audi Virtual Cockpit Plus
12.3" Screen
Traffic Sign Recognition
Bang & Olufsen Sound System W/3D Sound
Black/Rock Gray Stitching
Leather Seating Surfaces
Manhattan Gray Metallic
Premium Plus Package -Inc: Led Interior Lighting Plus Package
Adaptive Cruise Assist W/Lane Guidance
Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
Audi Side Assist
Rear Cross Traffic Assist
Memory For Driver’S Seat
Homelink Garage Door Opener
Via Rearview Mirror
SiriusXM W/360L
3-Month Trial Subscription
Accpt
Terms Req’D
Wireless Phone Charging Pad
Auto-Dimming Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
Memory Function
Audi Advanced Key
Park Assist
Agate Gray Fine Grain Birch Wood Inlay

Car is in Maryland but I live in Philadelphia, so Philly taxes.

This deal feels like it’s $50 more per month than I want it to be. But is that just how things are today?

This deal is not very good, id either keep negotiating or ask a broker to help you.

5 Likes

lol wtf.

check what brokers have on this. they might be able to save more than that 50 dollars a month you were looking for

2 Likes

This is what we’d be able to do on that vehicle:

5 Likes

For once, I agree with you lol

Ok good. I’m not crazy. Thanks for the replies. I can’t seem to get any dealerships around here to budge any further so off to the brokers I go.

1 Like

That’s certainly an improvement. How can we talk?

Yeahhhhh I didn’t know what to make of all that either. Felt totally unnecessary.

Shoot me a PM!

3 Likes

Why get out of your lease early?

The A3 is not a good lease candidate. Any reason you like this car instead of the A4 or another model?

I would not recommend leasing a car for that long. Did you run numbers for 36 months?

Well, there are other vehicles that lease better. Are you open to an EV or a different brand/car? If yes, take a look at broker deals in the Marketplace. There are lots of options that should be within your budget.

@Leases125 what do you think of this deal?

2 Likes

See above, it’s no good, doesn’t meet the 1% rule. Thanks for asking.

1 Like

I knew I could count on you. Much appreciated. I read most deals, and I can’t help but ask myself what you would think of them.

5 Likes

Not getting out of lease early. It ends next month.

Can you extend it or is it too late?

@thericky - Have you driven an A3? What do you like about it?

Care to answer?

I can extend my current lease 6 months but I’d rather not. I drove the A3 and the A4 back to back over the weekend. I previously owned an A4 years ago and somehow the current version feels inferior to my old one. It also felt a bit more boat-y compared to my IS 350. And I’m just generally not a fan of how the A4 console looks these days.

I like the more compact length of the A3 (176.9), especially compared to the IS 350 (185.4 in). Those 8.5 inches will make a big difference when finding parallel parking spots here in Philly – always a pain.

Before the IS 350, I leased an Infiniti Q60 coupe. Fun to drive, but annoying to not have rear seat doors. And after getting it stuck in snow too many times, I’m only going for AWD from now on.

Also, I like the simplicity of the console in the A3. The lack of a million buttons and knobs is a nice change. The angles are fun too.

Currently open to other brands/cars, but not for too much longer, as my current lease is up soon.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Why would you pay $29k to lease a car selling for 38-39?

1 Like

The proper tires are more important than having AWD…I drove RWD BMW’s with snows for many years in Chicago with zero issues.

While this is true, typically someone looking for a lease deal based on price is not going to want to spend additional money for dedicated tires lol