Deal check: 2024 Audi A3 Premium Plus, AWD, $657 / mo, $2K DAS, 42/10K (PA)

Stick with RWD (and the savings) and snows then. Plus with two sets of tires he might be able to last the lease on the original tires without replacing.

That’s why I came here - to find a better lease deal. Still finalizing that, but it looks like I’m heading for something closer to $22K, not $29K.

Also, with financing, the car would cost more like $52K to own, with some pretty awful interest rates these days.

So in this case, leasing still gives me the option to buy with a very reasonable residual if I decide to finance the rest in 3 years, when hopefully interest rates are lower. The lease comes with an equivalent of 3% APR, far better than the 7-9% the dealers are quoting for purchases.

Whats the APR offer on Audi’s website?

Every dealer website is the same, showing misleading offers. Advertisements show as low as 4% APR. But that’s for basic models. As soon as I start adding the packages I want, it goes up to 7-8% APR. And the advertised deals for monthly payments also are moot, as they don’t include all sorts of taxes and fees, and again are only for the base model. And they also bury the fact that they want $4-5000 down, plus taxes, plus other fees, plus plus plus.

For the car I want, including $2K down, it would cost something like $54K across 60 months, including interest. Or $51K across 36 months.

So it makes a lot of sense for me to pursue a lease deal that gets me 36 months for $22K out the door, with the option to pay off the residual if I decide to keep it. Much cheaper overall, even if my intent is to buy, due to the far lower APR.

what? Audi doesn’t charge different APR for a single model based on options. This month’s APR for the A3 is 3.99%: Special Offers > Shopping Tools > Audi | Luxury sedans, SUVs, convertibles, electric vehicles & more

3 Likes

Correct. Any data-driven conclusion is only as good as the data that went into it.

Run the numbers using 3.99 for finance.

For the lease, don’t forget to calculate the full life cycle: financing the RV and paying TTL, etc.

I don’t see the $4500 rebate in your calculation. Is that not available everywhere?

Regardless, OP needs to ditch all the add-ons and would save $50 a month right there. $650 a month is S3 money.

$3k doesn’t combine with subvented money factors this month, basically basically take an equivalent 3.9% MF and only add Costco or like a near 9% MF and you get the full 3k + Costco. Take a guess which way is cheaper, hah.

This is money-first thinking, rather than enjoyment-first. Sure I could “ditch all the add-ons.” But then it’s not a car I want anymore. So what’s the point?

1 Like

lol Try telling that to the dealers who are refusing to quote me anything but 7-8% APR. That special offer apparently doesn’t include the Premium version. “Select models.”

Options are not “add ons” if that’s what you’re thinking. These are add-ons and add 0 value

1 Like

You can shop around and bring your own financing. Also if you are going to lease learn how to use the LH calc to truly know how the payment number comes about. Otherwise pay and use a broker because they will save you thousands.

Ahh yes. I misunderstood. Thanks. I agree.

Broker engaged. Thousands saved. New deal incoming. Will post once signed.

4 Likes

Same car or different Audi?

Saving money + Lease Hackr… that’s an iconic duo for sure.

Post pics once you get your new ride!

2 Likes

Congrats, enjoy the new car!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.