Deal check - 2023 Grand Cherokee L 4x4 Limited

2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee L 4x4 Limited
MSRP: $60470
Sale Price: $58090 (affiliate discount, 3.94%)
Incentives: $5000
DAS: $1404
Term: 36 mo/ 12k miles
Monthly w/ tax: $664

I know that it’s probably cheaper if I order and I have been in talks with a few brokers now but higher DAS + broker fee + shipping makes it very close to just getting one locally. Plus I’m concerned that the rebates won’t be as good as they are right now.

My wife just wants to make sure we’re not leaving any money on the table anywhere.

1 Like

The discount looks low try without the affiliate. Even in the pnw I for a 7% discount.

Can you share the breakdown of incentives?

Sure:
$2000 bonus cash
$1500 regional CCAP bonus cash
$500 lease conquest
$1000 Jeep private offer

1 Like

I would shoot for 10-12% off MSRP. Not 3.94

How do I do that, just ask?

that is going to be very hard…even most broker build orders are less than this discount range…

did you try Ourisman? at one point they were offering 10% discount not sure now…

mstainback@ourismancars.com

Your regional bonus is $1K more than all others, so make sense to lease this month. RV dropped but better MF as well…

1 Like

That’s not that hard , just have to shop and find a dealer willing to move units.

ALN dealer is at 13% off .

3.94 is a joke . These gasser GC’s are a dime a dozen on dealer lots .

1 Like

Move to a strategy of making offers.

Plug the following into the LH calculator after MSRP of the vehicle you’re looking at:

Selling price based on % pre-incentive discount found by searching Shared Deals and Marketplace sections of this forum.

RV, MF and incentives (lease cash) from Rate Findr. Add any extra rebates you qualify for (college grad, etc) under incentives.

DMV fees and taxes based on your state’s official website.

Voila! Now check the box to make it $0 DAS and offer the resulting monthly payment*

• preferably rounded to a multiple of $5 or $10 to make yourself seem more like a normal person :innocent:
1 Like

Yes agreed, you should be able to get 10% off MSRP on any Stellantis products. :rofl:

They make it in mass, asking for higher discount is part of the negotiations.

2 Likes

Wait so you offer payment amount and not capitalized cost after everything? What if they ask you how you came up with that payment? Should I be calling or emailing/texting?

What is ALN dealer?

@AutoNinjas :slight_smile:

Oh, ya, I’ve talked with them. I don’t really have the luxury of waiting on an order. I’ve been keeping an eye on the in stock stuff though, nothing really that I want. I’ve talked with Matt a few times now, super great guy.

1 Like

Just specify the terms you want. Tell them a monthly payment and specify only first month das. Or do something different if you want.

If they ask how you got to that number, tell them. "This is based off of x%, $y incentives, the current lease programs, and z tax rate. Make sure you have your numbers correct before making an offer.

Theyll either say yes or no. No will happen. Its ok. If they say no, move on to another dealer. No need to argue with them.

I do everything over email. “I want xxxx stock number. Here is my offer. If this works for you, I can be there in 2 hours to take delivery.”

Be specific, dont leave ambiguity, and give a direct call for action. You want to be the easiest transaction they have ever had.

Honestly, Since you’ve done all the math, I’d just throw a take it or leave it offer at this dealer based on this current offer: $1500 DAS and $600/mo. I like round numbers. That should put you pretty close to 7.5% discount, which I happen to think is very fair for an in-stock GCL.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. To get email addresses do you just get info on the car from the site and wait for them to reply?

You can usually find an internet sales manager’s email on the dealer website

GCL seems to deliver fast. This was my order…YMMV…