Deal check: 2023 EQE350x4

Hey all,

Can you please check out this deal on a 2023 EQE350X4?

Also car will be registered in MD so 6% sales tax on the full selling price.

Thanks!

Doesn’t look all that great to me but others who are more knowledgeable can chime in.

1 Like

This deal is 14.92% off MSRP before the $2500 and $7500.

I am having difficulty understanding where the $798 is coming from, as I’m getting $744 in the calculator.

Not great…

Is it that the discount % off MSRP is low or does anything else make the deal not so great? If MSRP, what % should I be working towards? Thanks.

The cash due in the calculator and cash due in what you posted are two totally different things…7k in the back screen vs. 2.6k in calc.

Sorry for the ignorance, where in the back screen do you see 7k? Thanks.

Are you planning to buy this out within a month for 4+ year ownership?

Maryland is one state that really can’t be hacked. $6,000+ in taxes and fees every 3 years is a dealbreaker IMO

1 Like

No, don’t plan to buy.

They taxed on the MSRP when it should be in the selling price so that should knock off $600-700 from taxes.

What MSRP discount should I be aiming for?

Go find a dealer via this forum and work with them, ship it to your state rather than working with dealers who won’t give you a great deal right away.

@derekoh1991 for example and the dealer out in Portland (search forum for MB EQ deals)

— Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - #7107 by holeydonut

MB Clearwater in FL at times get some executive demos that are loaded with huge discounts available to lease.

1 Like

The 14.92% before $2500 and $7500 seems to be in line with what I’m seeing being offered here by brokers for the EQE. A dealer I found here has offered 15.6%. Of course I would love to get a higher discount, just want to be sure my expectations are grounded in what us possible for a new vehicle.

What am I missing?

Question on taxes. If the selling price is $68,998 and there are $10k in incentives, the sales tax would apply to both correct? The leasehackr calculator only calculates tax for the selling price. Incentives being $10k or zero does not change taxes in the calculations.

20% + $7.5k lease deal & $2.5k amex

I mean does that materially change the answer on what strategy you should be considering?

That’s really small beans compared to how much extra you’re paying over everyone else in the other 49. At the end of the day, money leaving your bank for tax isn’t any different from money leaving your bank to pay the dealer.

2023 EQE350 4matic SUV Loaner
Miles: 1,281
MSRP: $87,650
Pre-incentive discount: -$19,160 (21.86%)
Selling price: $68,490
Incentives: $10k = $7.5k EV + $2.5k Amex
Tax: $4,223 (6% on selling price in MD)
Dealer is in FL

Thanks!

Dont do that.

You need to compare pre-incentive discounts. Doing so will show you this is a very mediocre deal.

edit helps if i read

Sorry I am not following. Pre-incentive discount is 21.86% off MSRP as stated in my post so post-incentive would be 33.25% off MSRP.

You’re right, I misread. Impressive since i even quoted it saying pre-incentive.

After the cost of bringing this from FL to MD, are you saving any money vs your first post?