Deal Check: 2021 Volvo XC60 T8 Recharge Inscription

Hi Leasehacker, hoping for some feedback on the initial dealer offer on a XC60 Recharge Inscription

Calculator: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Edmunds: Lease Bonus $5,250, MF .00094

Is it correct to assume that the Untaxed Incentive is $5,250, and thus my Dealer Discount is only $2,750, i.e. Discount from image above $8,000 - Lease Bonus from Edmunds?

Moreover, in trying to reconcile my numbers between the dealer lease offer, the unlisted MF seems to be marked up to ~0.0015

Outcomes: Ideally I would want my Monthly Payment to be closer to $850. I hope this is doable if i can:

1. get the MF closer to the .00094 Edmunds number.
  2. current Selling price is only 3.8% off MSRP…i could do a LOT better here.
  3. I know a smaller down payment will increase it, but my forum lurking seems to indicate that any down payment at all is a poor idea.

Any tips and feedback welcome here.

Correct. And this offer is just crazy for an XC60, T8 or not. $72k XC60 is ridiculous by itself also.
The easy way to lower your payments in any scenario is MSDs.

3 Likes

but it’s ok when $45k kia tellurides are priced like this??

This is a Volvo question, who cares about KIA?

1 Like

point is that it’s a weird market. you’re not “used” to deals like this, but this is reality right now - volvo or not volvo. the other day, someone posted a p8 at list under “share deals” and thought it was a good deal…

What is the reality? $1k effective for a 7(?) years old body with a $72k sticker VOLVO? I did not say anything about the discount, which is reflective of the times.

1 Like

reality is that the market will support what people are willing to pay. a lot of stores are hitting people over the head with rates and people are paying them…

There’s also a $1500 CA CFR that this car is eligible for. I leased an XC60 T8 Inscription last month ($66K MSRP) for $699/month + tax with $1500 down, no MSD’s but had Costco and Affinity. Selling price was a bit over $54K after all was said and done, 51% residual and 0.00094 MF. 36/12k. Not amazing, but best I could do without shipping in from some of the brokers on here.

In SoCal as well.

1 Like

Wow and you aren’t even getting any $5000+ incentive in place of the fed rebate

1 Like

He is getting $5,250. That’s what volvo passes on.

This deal sucks, agree? Even more so on the old body and overpriced XC60.

I guess that 8k discount is hiding it.

Thanks ya’ll, appreciate the quick feedback! Unbundling that $8k vs. $5.25k Edmunds lease bonus number was a bit of a head-scratcher until I read thru a whole bunch of forum posts. I also hadn’t even considered that the design of the XC60 was getting a bit “antiquated”

Thank you. When I read

I fainted :face_with_spiral_eyes: - your deal sounds much closer to reality.

I just took my 2019 XC60 in for its 2nd service, nothing feels antiquated to me. But what if I told you, you could lease a T5 AWD for half that payment and get 90% of the enjoyment?

Not a T8 :laughing:

Had this same thought and ended up with the T5 instead of the T8 myself. A payment starting with a 2 is the best option a car can have.

1 Like

They anchored me so high that I’m all screwed up :woozy_face: Yes, I’d be interested in hearing how to get an XC60 T5 for half the payment.

@albertoss Would you mind sharing your approach? Ok to DM?

Reasoning for the Recharge was to get my wife and I accustomed used to plugging in a vehicle while also being able to have a utilitarian SUV without range anxiety to make long trips around California. I figure by 2024/5, EV ranges & charging networks will have reached an inflection point in development that we could be more psychologically comfortable adopting the technology.

Yup, feel free to DM me!

SPA XC60 was released at Geneva in spring 2017, sold as a MY18 in the US. This deal sucks, but not because the car is old.

2 Likes

There are surely cheaper ways to get used to plugging in than spending ~$36k on a xc60 lease.

What does it even mean anyway, “getting accustomed to plugging in”?

3 Likes

Do you have a cell phone you plug in every night?

If so, you’re accustomed to plugging in a vehicle. Only difference is the size of the plug.

4 Likes