Deal Check - 2021 Volvo XC60 Inscription w/ Adv Package

Hi all,
I am very new to this. I would like to request a deal check on the following:

2021 Volvo XC60 Inscription w/ Adv Package + Climate Package + 20" Wheels
MSRP: 60,655.00
(* Note: Dealer did not have the car with Advanced Package. Told me he located one for me. I did some google search and found the car he wants to sell me listed on another dealer’s website in our state 5 hours away for $60,090)

Selling Price: 54,000.00
Months: 36
Miles/Year: 10,000
Residual: 55%
Money Factor (MF): 0.00001 Note: (Note: Residual and MF verified via Edmunds)
Down Payment: 0
Taxed Incentives: 1500 (Lease Cash Included in the selling price discount. I do not qualify for any other incentives)
Govt. Fees: 85
Sales tax: 7.8%
Tax:$1784.15 (rolled into the monthly payment)
Acquisition Fee: 995
MSD (Max): $4200
Monthly Payment with Tax: 656.30
Drive-Off: 4,941.3

• MSD: 4200
  • Monthly: 656.30
  • Govt. Fee: 85

I plugged in the number in the calculator below but they don’t seem to add up.

Update: Removing the leasehackr calculator link because I am not able to get the numbers right in the calculator.

Any guidance from the community is very much appreciated.

You need to match the DAS amount

I apologize about the confusion that I caused. Very new to this. But wanted to mention that the State Tax of $1784.15 is rolled into the monthly payment.
The dealer said I only have to pay the following upfront:
MSD: 4200
First months payment: 656.30 and
Govt. Fee: 85

I tried to plug that into the calculator but wasn’t getting it right for some reason.

• Any guidance on the fact that the dealer is increasing the MSRP by $565 for the car that he is locating for me.
  • Also is this a good deal? I am clueless.

Can you clarify what you mean here? The MSRP is what the MSRP is. He can’t increase it. Do you mean the msrp vsnwhat the other dealer is advertising selling it at?

@mllcb42 Hi Matt, thank you for your guidance. I will do my best to clarify and answer your question.

• Dealer A (my dealer) is in Southern Ohio
  • Dealer B (trading the car) is in Northern Ohio

Dealer A has only shared with me that he is getting the car from northern Ohio and that the MSRP is $60,655.00. He also shared with me the Exterior and Interior color of the car along with the packages. Using that information, I was able to located the car in Norther Ohio at Dealer B priced at the MSRP of $60,090.

I agree with you that I did not think one could alter the MSRP but that is what this dealer is doing. I was planning to bring it up when I speak to them tomorrow.

Other than the MSRP issue, any guidance on the deal this Dealer A is presenting to me?

You’re getting the msrp wrong. Dealers cannot alter the monroney sticker.

Possibly they’re giving you a dealer price with addons in an addendum next to the sticker.

Attached is the spec sheet from my dealer, Dealer A and below if the link to the car at Dealer B’s location.

The car in question at Dealer B’s location:

https://www.leikinvolvocarscleveland.com/new/Volvo/2021-Volvo-XC60-365860cc0a0e0ae717df4f92a1441be1.htm

You appear to be at 9%ish pre-incentive discount, which is a good place to be. A Costco membership would help. Check to see if the bonus drive post sale rebate still applies.

I’ve seen those dealer listings miss items before when they got keyed in. Just verify off the window sticker. I wouldn’t stress over it, as it’s most likely just a clerical error somewhere.

Got it. Thanks Matt! I appreciate it.

Also, I do not have Costco or any other incentive qualification. I can apply to the AllState Bonus Drive link below. Not sure is I will qualify since I am a Geico Customer. But will take your advice and apply.

One of the 2 dealers made a mistake, probably the one who located it for you. Literally by law you cannot alter the msrp.

Bonus drive is a post leasing rebate that everyone can apply to. Took me about 3 months to get the check.

1 Like

Bonus drive through the Allstate link is open to non-allstate customers as well.

Awesome, I will surely apply then! Very kind of you to suggest.

Got it. Thank you @Fausterion appreciate your guidance. I am new to this and my age doesn’t help :slightly_smiling_face:

Always nice getting a check back in 8 weeks or so

1 Like

@mllcb42 I agree. Every penny counts.

Knowing that I do not qualify for any other incentives, would it be okay to sign this deal?

You’re at a disadvantage not qualifying for much in the way of incentives, but based on the current lease programs and what you qualify for, this looks like a solid deal.

1 Like

@mllcb42 I took your advice and I also tried to fiddle with the Leasehackr calculator to see what score I would get but I just couldn’t get the numbers to match up. I am sure I am missing something.

Have you tried reaching out to the dealer that actually has the car? About 13% discount pre-incentive should be doable in the northeast. You’re getting 11%.

I’d love to see someone selling these at 13% pre-incentive right now. That’s pretty much unheard of these days.

This is also at about 9% pre-incentive, not 11.

Be aware that most of the broker postings don’t actually pull out the lease cash from their advertised discounts.

2 Likes