Deal Check: 2021 Volvo V60 Polestar Engineered 24 Month Lease

It was 100% not A Plan eligible then - I have emails from Volvo confirming. I just checked A Plan in Sept and v60 T8 wasn’t listed then either.

Interesting. Maybe the two dealers I talked to didn’t know. Well, my data point still stands that they want to sell them at MSRP.

Be sure to show them the a-plan terms and conditions that state $100 max fee

2 Likes

As I think we’ve discussed: if you could get one on A Plan, you were nuts not to. I could not even get one at MSRP, local or nationwide.

1 Like

I didn’t know that!

My contact at Volvo says that is not accurate, and fees are only capped by state law, if any. Do you have a copy of the Terms?

" Document Fees

Volvo Dealers will be permitted to charge up to $100.00 in documentary fees, on each delivery to an eligible purchaser, under the terms of the A-Plan by Volvo program unless otherwise prohibited by state and local laws, or statutory regulations. Each Dealer is responsible for complying with their respective applicable laws or regulations."

2 Likes

So, if VA is not limiting the fees - does $100 go against the state law? :slightly_smiling_face:

Haha I have to imagine what they were going for was that in places like CA where the doc fee is capped at $85, they can’t charge $100.

1 Like

Ugh this is making me want a polestar.

2 Likes

Still - do you want a Volvo at invoice? :thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I smell meme potential :nose:

4 Likes

Agreed to purchase 15 minutes ago. Will update here when I get the final details, but the monthly payment is, in fact, less than anticipated.

Patiently awaiting update… :grinning:

Sorry all, I have been away out of frustration. The dealer and I came to an agreement and then they said they wouldn’t be able to allocate a car for December, but would be a regular order arriving June, 2021.

Needless to say I expressed to them that I was disappointed, and that if I was waiting on an order that long I’d wait a bit longer and order a 2022 model year.

Separately, I have reached out to other dealers to ask about A-Plan purchasing and they declined to sell their V60PE on A-Plan at all, which I have now learned is against the rules. If a dealer participates in A-Plan they do not get to pick and choose which vehicles they will sell on it. If Volvo Cars US adds it to the list they are required to comply. Going to see if I can take that route.

1 Like

You called out their BS so they threw a tantrum.

Good for you. Report them all to Volvo. But that’s what I suspected all along - too hot of a car to sell on a-plan, essentially at 7% total off.

2 Likes

Was given a VCoA email address to write in to in regard to the situation. Should hear from a regional manager soon with more information.

Not sure what VCOA got to do with it. They are a club. Volvo runs a-plan.