2021 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Package
36 months 12k miles per year
MSRP: $33,125
Dealer Discount: $3,606
Rebates: $2,500
Adjusted Capitalized Cost: 27,019
.00167 MF and 61% residual
Monthly payment with $500 due at sign: $325
I actually just asked them today if they can give me an extra $500 off so that way it can just be $325 per month with $0 due at sign but he said he will get back to me tomorrow since he had left for the day.
What do you think?
I also learned that the 2021 premium package has more features than the older models so I believe that the MRSP is around $3k higher than older model Rogues. Now they have a dual panel panoramic sunroof, leather heated seats, leather heated steering wheel, power lift gate, rear sunshades.

1 Like

How does it compare to marketplace deals in your region?

There are none on the marketplace that match this one.
He got back to me today and said that they will not be able to do $0 down so they offered first payment down ($325) + DMV fees and then $325 a month.
What do you guys think?

That’s not bad at all for a pretty well-equipped CUV.

So I went into the dealership today and it turns out that they don’t have any of these in any of their locations so now I have to wait until it gets there.
The only thing is that over the phone he said the only thing I would have to pay for is the $325 + license plate transfer fees, however when we went in today they said we would have to pay $485 meaning that they are charging us $160 for “DMV fees”. We argued for a little bit but they would not take any more money off so we ended up signing and putting a deposit down.
They also gave us a breakdown of the “DMV fees”, which I dont even know if they actually are dmv fees. Here is a picture, are these all legit fees? Lines 1 through 7

1 Like

While we’re at it let me go ahead and post the whole deal sheet

2 Likes

Are you still working this deal? Have you gotten a quote on an SL as well?

Wow! Im in Tampa and dealer is leasing us the same exact car for $324 a month 36 months 15k miles per year for $6k down

@Khemraj1999

Don’t put 6k down on any car, especially a Nissan. You’re going to be paying about 500 a month for a Nissan…

1 Like

We’re trying to keep the monthly low :frowning:

Then keep the $6K in your bank account and use it to supplement your monthly payment. If you put that money down, total the car next week…you just lost $6K.

1 Like

Almost $500/mo on a Nissan rogue sounds like a horrible deal.

One of the issues with big upfront payments is it disguises the actual cost. It’s really easy to look at that deal and think “well it’s only $324/mo! What a deal!” because the upfront money goes away all at once and doesn’t emotionally hurt as much.

1 Like

Sounds like they’re doing you a favor: run away from a deal that’s so bad it’s not even worth haggling.

1 Like

I guess I read this wrong. I thought that it was $485 total due at signing and $324 per month. Now that I look at the details, it does not sound that good

I’m just waiting for it to arrive. Why SL?

I know someone interested in an SL there is not a lot of pricing available yet. Guessing they are over 400 for now. Your deal looks good. Enjoy it.

Yeah I dont believe the SL’s lease very well. I remember 3 years ago when I was shopping for the old one they quoted me $400 for SL and $300 for SV premium so I am guessing SL has only gone up since then just like the SV.
Thank you

Thank you for sharing, this seems like a decent deal.

For 2021 SV AWD (no Premium Package, no premium paint) I was offered the following in New York on 01/22/2021: 36mo/12k miles for $369mo + only DMV fees and 1st mo due at signing (!DOWN from original Dealer’s offer of $599/mo + 2k down, lol), but still seemed too high, so I said no, and currently still trying to figure out what price I should be aiming at.

I’m assuming, base on your deal, I should ask for ~$270/mo? Would you mind sharing the name of the dealer (here or via PM)?

That’s not really how leasing works.

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator, and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

1 Like