Deal Check: 2020 Subaru Forester Touring $405/mo, 10k/36, 0 down

This is my first post asking to review a deal, and I’d love some advice. I think it’s good, but I don’t really know.

2020 Subaru Forester Touring
MSRP: $36,500
Price: $32,471
Miles: 10,000/yr
36 months
Residual: 60%
Money Factor: .0007 (1.68%)
Zip Code: 19146 (Philly)
Cash at close: 1st Month $405.00
Acquisition Fee: $595
Dealer Fees: $619.00
Tax (8% in Philly): $40.91

I don’t really consider anything above the 1% rule a good deal.

The rule: take 1% of the car msrp and have that OR less be your car payment. A great lease deal is typically like 0.5% to 0.8% of MSRP. A decent deal is 1% typically. Different brands offer different “percentages”.

Getting a sub 1% on any expensive Mercedes E63/C63, etc AMG variant is borderline impossible due to low residuals and high money factors for example, whereas for some BMW’s its almost EXPECTED to get such a deal.

For a Forester, I dont know the deal, but for $330, you can have a Tacoma TRD 4x4 basically which is a 40+k truck for example. Or for $450 or so, if you do a great deal of research, you can get an Audi Etron SUV with a 75k msrp.

11% off on a Subaru looks good. Your tax in philly is 11% also so factor that in. Rest of Pa is 9%, Pitt is 10%.

Push them for 12. Call a couple dealers and ask for 13% off. The 1% rule is irrelevant it’s just a guideline that doesn’t pertain to many deals.

Also dealer fee in pa should be $389 so check what else they’re adding in there.

If you decide to go with a Toyota instead shoot me a message! I’m in philly as well

1 Like

The 1% rule is a poor metric as to if something is a good deal or not and rarely works out with subarus

1 Like

I know it’s not apples to apples but I’m struggling to get a dealer to get me more than 5% off a crosstrek in the northeast. I think you’re in very solid territory as is. Do you have a Subaru now that you can email SOA for a loyalty coupon?

First don’t listen to anyone saying you need a 1% deal that needs to be removed from this forum. Subaru’s will never be a 1% deal because Subaru owners buy and hold the vehicles for a long time. The dealers know this and discounts in some regions are at best 5-6% percent off. @JPGR I’m guessing your in Western NY or upstate as these dealers will not budge. Anything above 10% off is a great deal on a Subaru, but if monthly payment is your main factor get a Toyota.

1 Like

?? Is that total? Is there a trade in this deal? Or is that per month?

Sent you a message

1 Like

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3

Never seen someone waste so many words to say this.

1 Like

Bob Johnson just gave me 7.5% off, so I’m improving! Still waiting on van bortel. Also royal in cortland appears to have verbally committed to 12% a leftover 2020 hybrid, but I’m still waiting on the deal sheet.

LOL JD is an ex. broker. 1% rule is bull :poop:. I won’t go into it, that’s beaten to death.

I can shove this guy into a Honda Pilot exl in this price segment, @Jrouleau426 could do the same with a Highlander or whatever Toyota product, but it’s not the same product, I’d prefer financing the Subaru, more reliable in my eyes, better product, and I personally prefer Subaru. My offer via text still stands btw Greg if you need help,

I was guilty of this, suggesting other cars like a vantage in a 911 thread, or a XC6/90 or X1234567 in a suv thread. I spoke with him via text, and the Subaru is the most sane course of option, as Honda in PA is not offering a subverted apr or massive rebate to compensate in the 2021 (only ones easily available in central pa) vs Subaru 63 month 0% financing with this discount.

1 Like

Well that’s exactly why I said what I said, if its pinching pennies or getting bang for buck, Subaru isn’t the way. But if Subaru is what gets your needs filled, that’s their choice. Nothing wrong with it.

I just play the bang for buck card with my leases since it has worked for me and so many others and was offering an opinion for that.

We are all here to save money and get great cars for little money so why not?

Yikes…I was merely stating the 1% for those of us that Hack and have brokered is something newbies should not follow. I also did not reference you when I said this so don’t get your panties in a bunch…what am I about? Helping people obtain awesome deals, and in fact helping most of them through Pm when I have them shoot me their current offers. Much of this is to avoid the nonsense of these forums by uneducated members such as yourself. I myself am very well versed in Subaru so this allows me to chime in…while a CRV is an excellent vehicle it will never performthe way a Subaru can. If price is the only factor then get a Honda, but a Subaru is purchased/leased with the intent of Northeast Driving.

Just to clarify some things:

I’m not committed to a Subaru as a brand, I’m simply looking for the best deal for an suv w AWD and full safety features.

I liked the Forester but am open to other offers.

To get back on track you should go and test drive the vehicles, before taking the best deal.

3 Likes

This leads to my point.

My recommendation is try out Honda and Toyota and get more for your buck. :slight_smile: