Off Topic Landfill 3

Hi! Looking for quote on CX-5 Sport AWD 36/12. 2000 DAS and 220/month. Located in NJ 07052. Thank you

1 Like

Submitted an inquiry via google form.

Just about to submit on teh google form too. Thanks

From a consumer standpoint…

Hi I just want a simple answer, is your internet price +/- incentives?

Salesperson: Sure will be happy to help you just need some info…

They want name, number, ssn, wife’s phone number, mothers maiden name, high school mascot and if I’m willing to pay above sticker price for a 2 yr old “new” car that has 17 other people calling and asking about.

Bmw x7 40i

@jd81 Seems you missed where I mention that different manufacturers offer different “percentages”.

I dont need to removed from this forum for sharing a simple belief which saves literally everyone money. If the 1% percent rule wasn’t some sort of resemblance of what the goal is with a payment, we’d all be driving $500 dollar per month, 25k cars. Obviously I mention it in the post and you just skim over it to type up a storm instead. What are you even on about?

Me personally, there are other Japanese AWD cars that lease better for essentially the same function of the Forester which is why I said that. 1% rule for an AMG is difficult, but for BMW is easy and if you aren’t picky, they are both luxury car brands for example.

Same follows suit with cross-shopping a Subaru with a Toyota or Honda. Traditionally, Hondas and ESPECIALLY Toyotas lease better overall than Subarus. Now I don’t know how into Subarus OP is, but for the same MSRP he can get a CRV for cheaper and save himself a few bucks which was the whole point of my comment. Whether or not thats a good lease wasn’t what I was basing my comment towards which is why I said “For a Forester, I don’t know the deal”.

It still doesn’t work there either. What is a good deal is dependent on specific vehicle, specific lease terms, and the specific individual. There isn’t a correct percentage for each manufacturer and never will be.

2 Likes

Well obviously, but if you are shopping for an SUV or sports car or whatever your thing is, why overpay for essentially the same thing in a different flavor UNLESS you are completely in love with a certain brand? It’s still a good rule of thumb. If a deal isn’t sub 1% I don’t feel it’s a good deal since in my area of cars I dabble in, there is always a better choice that’s cheaper and does the same function.

My bad for offering an opinion on the deal. Oh well to each their own. I just like getting 1% or less deals on any car I like because it’s great bang for buck regardless of the car in 99% of situations.

It’s a useless rule of thumb.

That isn’t to say a Subaru is the best lease value, but a 1% rule doesn’t do anyone any good in determining that. The only thing it does is mislead people new to leasing into paying too much or having unrealistic expectations.

2 Likes

Damn some of y’all are so toxic, especially if you disagree with what someone says. Relax…

It’s not toxic it’s a simple disagreement…there are quite a few people who have been on here for awhile and have seen to much rhetoric. In car leasing there are no absolutes, we have seen boundaries be broken, we have also seems simple rules of thought not be followed.

Lol if you think some of the responses aren’t rude.

We’re all adults and in a world that is getting far too soft, a bit of friendly banter is warranted. I don’t consider the Internet personal space and that’s the only time I ever take offense.

Someone wasn’t raised in MW2 lobbies.

1 Like

Just remind me how it’s friendly banter? Hahaha

Also, 10th prestige in mw2, Xbox 360. I’ve heard it all, which is exactly my point. If we’re all adults, why do people feel the need to be rude to people who are just asking questions and providing their opinion? Not everyone can spend their whole day researching cars.

I am also a principal for special education students who have behavioral issues, if you think MW2 lobbies are bad, you should hear what these kids say :joy:

Also, JD, I wasn’t referring to your responses.

Haha I know you weren’t and I usually don’t respond to people unless they single me out.

No offense guys but 10th prestige in modern warfare is just a lot of wasted controller batteries. Level 50 in team slayer, snipers and team doubles in Halo is where it’s at.

I’ll raise you Halo infinite.

I didn’t mean any rudeness, harshness or toxicity, but we’re just beating around the bush for the OP. I’m taking a peek at what I have for him, and he’s already reached out to some other stellar brokers like jrouleau.

Psh

You youngsters may not have lasted in a counter strike lobby or match. Online gaming was still like the wild west then. A friend and I started playing some remastered games recently for nostalgia and they have everything censored now, kills some of the entertainment value.

That said, this isn’t a gentlemans forum, this is about trying to get good deals on cars for our hard earned money. With that in mind, some folks may not sugar coat their advice as we all want to see each other save some money in this process.

Youngsters huh? Lol didn’t the first halo come out right around the time counter strike did? 99-00’s. If we’re one upping each other on FPS’s how about some Doom, Duke Nukem or how many of you kids play Rise of Triad?