Deal Check:: 2020 Mercedes C300 4MATIC

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=mercedes+acquisition+fee

Her’s getting the car from VA, so $695 is VA dealer fee. MB acq fee is $1,095

NJ lease registrations are usually $289- low 300s

They probably intend to pocket the difference

Ok, so if $42.6k is the agreed sale price, $695 is doc fee, $82 is extra fees, $547 is reg, and $1126 is tax, and all of that adds up to the total balance of $45k, then he must not be paying an Acq Fee.

I apologize for accusing you of not being from NJ. Editing your original response was helpful to better understand your objection. No, I don’t have all acq fees from all banks memorized. Some banks are 695, so it didn’t strike me as off.

Of course, the lease contract could differ. We don’t know yet. It very well could have this total PLUS the acq fee at that point. And then, yes, I agree, it would be a fee-heavy deal.

They just charge $300 on top for out of state registration, pretty normal.

@trism @Qbrozen So I have to pay taxes when Im signing the lease? I strictly agreed on paying 521.35 and thats tax included…maybe not? Im confused

The taxes are rolled into the total due. Whether you pay that monthly or all up front will have to be detailed on the lease contract. You should ask to see the lease contract.

1 Like

The topic at hand was overage collected by the dealer to cover registration-related fees.

The thread I linked was my personal experience of being charged for estimated fees at the time of delivery, and then later recouping from the dealer the difference between estimated and actual fees.

My broker is great however I bothered him too much and I wanted to educate myself before I take more of his time

@trism Got it. So When they mail me the real fees, ill bring it up to the sales manager for refund

Overcharging for reg is illegal in NY and NJ. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was illegal in VA too.

If they wanted to charge a fee for something, that would be a separate line item. But that’s clearly (and likely intentionally) not what they’re doing.

1 Like

@max_g Ill mention about the registration fee when I finally fly over there to sign the final contract. I also asked a photo of the lease contract so Ill post it when I receive it!

Right, but they pay for the “runner” service (I think that’s what it’s called) and don’t just keep extra money. At least that’s how it is normally done. And it does not show as a separate item, just included in the reg fee.

You mean the notary? (whoever comes to me in person to sign)

It can also be an estimate, but then you should get the check back for the difference. I once got $800 or $900 check from VA dealer for incorrect tax.

Yeah, check back for difference on both S60 from OOS and a V60 from OOS.

Ok so you’re paying someone but they basically told you to STFU with your questions… but asking the rest of us chumps to spoon feed you everything is ok?

I can’t.

Muted

They didn’t, he just decided to ask here instead of asking his broker. Which is why I was wondering why he did not ask his broker in the first place. We all here are just guessing.

@max_g

Sometimes I need better understanding from multiple explanations from different perspective. Which in this case was perfect for me because I have heard and learned from every single reply I received and Im very thankful. Also thats why Im on this forum:)