Deal check: 2020 Mercedes Benz GLC 300 RWD. Deal or no deal?

Hi,

This is my first post and first time looking to lease a car. This forum and the calculator has been a great learning tool. Thank you all

I am from Dallas and getting a good lease deal has been a challenge. Have been looking at multiple cars and finally decided on Mercedes Benz GLC 300. Spent the whole afternoon to get the below deal. Please help me in figuring out if this is a good deal or not

MSPR: $49,285
Selling price: $43,000
MF: 0.00152(Edmunds base MF)
RV: 56%
Term: 36months/12k miles
Fees:$1280 = $795 acquisition fee+ $485 registration and doc fee
Down payment : $102
MSD: 0
Due at signing: $2000 (fees+down payment+first month payment)
Monthly payment: $552 with tax

Any feedback please?

You have your lease structured wrong. In TX it is 6.25% of selling price. They may be using some tax credits which will bring it down to about 1.25%.

Do you have the client disclosure sheet or deal sheet to look at?

Unfortunately dealer didn’t share the sheet but I confirmed the MF,RV to match Edmunds. Dealer said tax credit is already included and the effective date on the deal for tax was 1.5%. His pitch was deal includes 13.7 off MSRP and tax credit.

In the leasing tool, I couldn’t get to the monthly payment of $557 without adding tax as 6.25%.

Final deal offered is $557 a month with $2000 due at signing includes fees, acquisition, first month and little down payment to round off to $2000 on a $49825 MSRP with $43000 selling price.

Here is what it would look like with the numbers provided. You need to find where the missing money is.

1 Like

Thanks for putting this numbers together.

Is it possible, they are rolling the tax amount to monthly payments instead of paying upfront? That would answers the $2000 DAS (approx) but the monthly payment increase to $564 = ( $546 + ($645/36))

Considering the leasehackr score is in lower 7, is this a good deal ? Is there any room to negotiate?

Thank you

The pre-incentive discount is very good, around 13% – This is usually how a loaner or demo would be discounted. You don’t mention any rebates, have you looked into all the options (Flee,Loyalty,Associations,etc)? Rebates are weak this month for MB across the board, much stronger last 2 months, but unless you have a time machine, nothing you can do about that.

TLDR; It’s a average deal for this make and model but overall not a great lease, which is typical of a MB, you gotta pay to play, I would look into MSDs to bring down that MF, will save you almost $50/mo

1 Like

Dealer asked for my employer name for fleet program and my employer is part of the program. I guess it’s all included to reduce the MSRP.

Also there is $500 incentive according to Edmunds for Dallas market but dealer’s final offer was the 13% off MSRP included maximum available incentives they can provide.

Can I negotiate the $500 incentive with the finance team or should that be with sales ?

I see $50/no using multiple MSD, let me look in to it.

If you want to appropriately compare this deal against others, you need to isolate out what the pre-incentive discount is. Because of differences in programs, personal qualifications, etc, comparing post-incentive discount amounts does little good.

1 Like

Marked up mf is my guess

Or that special tint of air. Texas is known for that :metal:t5:

1 Like

Good point. I will ask for a detailed break down on their discount.

I confirmed the MF rates and it was base value and matched Edmunds. i will check again. To summarize,

1. Check detailed selling price break down - pre and post incentives.
  2. Confirm MF value
  3. Check included items on amount due at signing
  4. Look into multiple MSDs.

Am i missing anything ?

Thank you

Yeah: seems at least 3/5 of TX luxe dealers charge between $300-1K for “lifetime tint” which of course means little to someone leasing.

Nevertheless, dealers do it anyway and I am constantly in dilemma

1 Like

Hi,

Have been test driving multiple SUVs in this category and ended with MB GLB and GLC as the final two cars. It is difficult to decide between the two.
I like the exterior and driving on GLC. like the interior and cargo space on GLB.

Any suggestions from GLB, GLC owners or anyone who has GLB, GLC on their short list ?

Also getting a lease deal with high leasehackr score in tx market is challenging. Which one of these two will be better vehicle to lease?

Thank you

Taxes will do that. Don’t pay attention to the LH score. Evaluate the deal on its actual merits

1 Like

At some point it’s not about the score or the “1% rule” but about what the car is personally worth to you.

It’s like an M8 (which I’ve got a few of), Currently a great value for the money but that obviously means less to someone needing an X7 or 330i.

1 Like

A high leasehackr score is not what you should judge the lease by. Rather, look at the discount and compare it to what others have gotten. If you found a dealer that gave you tax credits, even better.

Thank you @volvo1 and @Electric, makes sense.

Any thought about GLB vs GLC ?

2 Likes