Deal Check: 2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE

Hi All,

My SQ5 lease will be ending in February and I’m in the market for an I-Pace HSE. I live in NorCal but got in touch with a dealer out of state in Nashville on something they have in inventory. They provided the deal below. Any advice/thoughts much appreciated.

This has to be the worst I-Pace deal I’ve ever seen

8 Likes

A 1.7% pre-incentive discount. I hope they include free shipping.

Ah… but OP might be looking for a validation not an outright rejection

:smile:

1300 payment for a jaguar is very bad no matter what it is

Thanks for replies so far. Yeah, I didn’t think it was great either, but I am wondering about what to ask for here. I’ve been leasing Audis for the last decade and have more limited experience with Jags.

Didin’t mean to be too flippant in my previous post, but you have a very small pre-incentive discount. Also carguru shows a lot of inventory in CA, some have been on the lot for almost a year.

JLR Nashville doesn’t like to discount anything. I’d recommend searching closer to home.

The problem seems to be with inventory right now. I’m hoping for white with the sports seats. Not much I can find in California right now. Anyone with any experience with Jag dealers in CA?
Thanks!

New Jaguar I-PACE for Sale in Santa Clara, CA - CarGurus

I see 56 of them.

1 Like

Call Hornburg LA, Santa Monica, and Jaguar Newport Beach and ask if they have any port cars in stock.

They get massive incentives from the factory and leases on an HSE in the $700-$800 range.

Sorry - I should have been more specific. The inventory for the HSEs seem to be more limited in NorCal. I think I was able to track down somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 or so white ones between Marin and Stevens Creek, and neither dealers seem to offer a lot of discounts or incentives.

Last time I flew down to LA from norcal, one way ticket and uber cost me less than $100. With Covid maybe it’s worth a few hundred dollars of shipping, especially on an expensive car, the discount will make up for it, maybe a broker can help. I don’t think iPace is in high demand.

Just took a look at Hornburg’s inventory for both LA and Santa Monica. Unfortunately they seem to have zero at either location :frowning:

You’re right. I wouldn’t mind going down to LA at all. Just running into the same wall with limited HSE inventory in white.

There’s a reason he said to ask about port cars.

1 Like

Yep. Emailing them to confirm on that front. Thanks for pointing that out.

If they have don’t have port cars… they can pull one from the port lol

Newport had one a week ago

1 Like

Sorry didn’t check for HSE, but if you do find one, I hope it is a better discount than the one from Nashville. Good luck!

Update: Probably not unexpected, but the dealer in Nashville made very clear they think this a fair offer and are holding very firm.

What they actually said was “we don’t really want to deal with an out of state purchase.”

3 Likes