RV: 64%
APR: 1.84
Incentives: 4350

Acquisition: 645
Dealer: 449

Per Month: 745
Program: 24/12

I am thinking I can push more on the dealer discount? It says 4.2% now

Terrible discount and crazy high payment. Have you checked Edmunds to see what 36/12 would be? Would probably save you a bundle.

1 Like

Gotta stick with 24 months

Yuck. Gotta do better than that.

bruh there is an x5 with a v-8 listed here for that payment lol

5 Likes

At least 10%. And the payment is still going to suck, even with that residual and APR.

Thank you. I was thinking the same lol

If you must have 24 months, why not just do a lease takeover with something that is about that long?

2 Likes

X4MC/X5 m50i payment

Have you even sat inside an Explorer?

You just said your requirement was “decent 3rd row space for tall folks”

1 Like

There is a Lexus GX on transfer market with a year left, at half this payment. You get flexibility, three rows, and 1/2 the payment, or substantially less at 480p/m + tax 0 down. You get even better flexibility, a large, albeit outdated suv, and for less.

Better yet, local to you in NJ.

@mllcb42: Thanks…
@jeisensc: you mean with 24 months?
@BoardWalkNJ: already scanning for that. Learning how it works, what are the ifs?
@max_g: I have, may be not the new one… due to the covid. Explorer isn’t only the option on the table.
@HersheySweet: Thanks

I get that you’re trying to solve your vehicle needs and that price is a factor, but you’re running past the advice you’ve been given and are using horrible dealer offers as your measuring stick for comparing vehicles.

4 Likes

The advises that have been offered and my reading this forum makes me at least know now what is a bad offer. I was seeking places where I can bargain on this offer. Honestly, I am thinking my discussion is boring people which is possible as most are pros here but I know how dealers deal and how much patience I would need to close a deal with them suiting my needs.
I needed vehicle inputs, how much should I bargain on with dealer discount and how to use the calculator. I have received bad offers only on ask which I had to because I wasn’t getting any replies. Now I wait.
Thanks again

What is your expected target number and is it realistic from your calculations?

From what I have learnt this should be:

Experts any thoughts on the above shared expected calculation:

What’s your 12% based on? I haven’t seen a explorer deal with 12% pre-incentive discount here yet.

Well to be honest this is an expectation check. I have read other deals on the explorer XLT loaded around the same price which if I build the calculator with XLT MF and RV is around 11%.

I guess that isn’t realistic. I have been receiving 4% discounts per the original post here and reviewers say that is bad and at least 10% has to be there. Which is why I inclined to a more aggressive 12%.

Trying hard to understand how to make this work. If 24 mon is going to be $600 then at least I need to know the math is correct whether or not the payment is affordable/worth.

I have been trying for months to get a Ford dealer to give me 10% off pre-incentives. The closest I’ve come, after speaking with many dealers is 9.2% This is for an F150, though we did consider an Explorer as well and I couldn’t do any better. Even the brokers who work with Ford agree that they just don’t discount like some other makes. One broker told me to aim for 10%.