Deal check! - 2020 Ford Expedition Limited 303a(stealth)

“Noob” Any input will help. This is the only vehicle me and my wife both like so I’m ok with the “expensive for a Ford” comments. :laughing: also I have the 3k DAS to get the payment where I want it. This is the best I could get after getting numbers and grinding 10 different dealers in so-cal. I don’t know how you guys do this. It’s exhausting but hopefully worth it. :exploding_head::face_with_monocle: cheers!

This is escalade money.

1 Like

What a shame. An XC90 would be a better option with probably a lot of more features. But it is a ford so…

You could get a fully loaded XC90 T8 for this much with 0 DAS same payment i think.

Let me know when you can fit anywhere near as much stuff into an xc90 as an expedition. If the space is needed, the XC90 doesn’t compete.

6 Likes

Not sure if the XC90 suggestions were intended to be humorous or not.

An Expedition can comfortably fit eight adults; the third row in the midsize Volvo is best suited for kids.

10 Likes

Comfortable 3 row adult suv wise, very little challenges the expedition, suburban, Yukon, and Escalade level trucks no?

Yes @HersheySweet the third row in the Expedition is the biggest I’ve been in yet. I do like the Escalade but if you want newer tech and versatility for kids the Expedition or even Navigator is way more accommodating. I honestly thought the expeditions were overpriced until I test drove them. Thanks everyone for the input. Hoping to get a comparable deal check on here if possible. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

If you’ve priced 10 dealers and this is the best you have found, then you’ve likely found the floor for your area. Ford rates and incentives are highly regionalized on top of that, so it’s hard to really assess.

Only other thing to check would be to see if there is maybe a volume dealer nationally in another region that could do better and ship it.

2 Likes

@28firefighter
Thanks for the input. I haven’t thought about reaching out of state. Might be worth it. I am pretty confident in the deal I’ve worked in my area like you said. Just new at this and making sure I’m not missing something. I’m not in a rush either so I could roll the dice and see if incentives get better. Weird time to shop for cars. :man_shrugging:

Navigator is king of full size suvs atm, beats the brakes off the gls refreshed or not, the x7 is way too small, the new escalade is eh.

The expedition is simply a detuned more utilitarian version of the navigator, but it offers a much better price point. 3rd row in both suvs seats 6 foot tall adults comfortably.

1 Like

Following up, did you ever pull the trigger on your Expedition? In the market now & looked at the King Ranch but like every other deal in S. Florida the pricing is ridiculous ($3k DAS @ $900 for 36/12).

Does anyone know of any volume Ford dealers that would make shipping worthwhile?

1 Like

I wish they had an X7 L, the 7 series is longer.

Same! It’s actually the reason I bought an Expedition Platinum… I waited for the X7 thinking I would have a decent third row for the teenagers, took one for the weekend from the dealer but brought it back early, could use another 9-12” on the end making it a better third row and a little room for storage…

1 Like

The x7 is basically an x5 L. Germans and Americans have different definitions for full size suvs. The navigator and escalade will dominate the luxury full size suv market simply due to their larger sizes. Looking at how pricey an x7 is I would shudder at how much the next model up would cost.

If I was traveling with 6+ passengers on a road trip the navigator wins all day.

Farm Bureau membership in many states can get you a $500 Rebate code.

1 Like

No I didn’t. After all that work I went to sign the deal, loaded up the family for one last test drive and the kids were way too uncomfortable in the back. Even with the CCD on the limited the ride in the back was way too harsh for the little ones. I sat back there myself and it was pretty bad. Really disappointed in Fords design. At that price point it’s not an issue that you should worry about. The 2020 Yukon/ Suburban has a better ride for backseat passengers but less space. Long story not so short… we’re waiting for the 2021 Yukon XL to hit the lots.

As far as pricing on the King Ranch, I think you should be at $80k MSRP, $775mo, 39 mos, 30k miles 3k DAS. My best Price was from Fairway Ford here in SoCal. Ask for Dave S. Not sure about the shipping but they want to sell these Expeditions.

1 Like

Interesting, my feedback was different, we did a road trip about 800mi and the teens enjoyed the ride… One of the reasons we picked it up

Yes I agree on the highway it is a very smooth and comfortable ride. But around town here in so cal with terribly kept roads it’s a jolting ride for the little kids. Teenagers probably not a huge deal. I think it’s something to do with all the aluminum Ford uses in its trucks. GM has a better overall ride to me.

All I can think of when I see these expedition threads:

2 Likes