Deal Check: 2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack - $43,380 MSRP $2250 DAS $334/mo @ 24mo

Your our canary in a coal mine haha. It’s rolling the dice but I’m 99.9% sure this deal is going pay for itself come term end.

2 Likes

This was quite the saga to read but glad it all worked out for you.

I cracked up at the part about Browns because as soon as you said NY dealer I knew damn well they weren’t giving you that deal :joy: CJDR dealers in NY are the absolute worst.

2 Likes

Wow, so much effort. Seems like the market just doesn’t make sense to expend so much of our energy and time trying to play their games these days. What would the experts here recommend, just wait until year-end, maybe wait 'til next year?

Wait until production returns to a more level market.

Will fix 99% of the issues with these specialty cars.

8 Likes

Beautiful… love the color! Keeping the bumper protectors on, or off?

2 Likes

Great color!! and more usable backseat than Ford/GM competitors!

I see only one problem with your plan, because this is a loan and not a lease: If the car is involved in an accident that does not total it, but taints the CarFax.

In that situation, you’d still be on the hook for your balloon payment, and an accident or bad carfax could depreciate the car below the balloon payment amount. On a traditional lease, you’d just return the car if it was in an accident, but in this situation you would not be able to do that.

Enjoy it in good health and drive safe!

1 Like

I suppose a diminished value claim could help? Good point either way.

1 Like

Depends on if your state & insurance company allow for that. They don’t make those easy. Has anyone on this forum ever succeeded at a Diminished Value claim in NY/NJ, because if so, I’d love to hear the story about how that can be pulled off. I’ve only heard myths of this, except on super high-end/antique cars.

This loan structure is the same thing as buying a car, and hoping for a specific trade-in value in 3 years. It’s taking on the same risk as a traditional purchase/60 month finance. Which is a completely fine thing to do. Plenty of people prefer owning/financing their cars as opposed to leasing, but it’s a different risk profile. OP bought this car, and all the risks that come with car ownership.

Balloon loans scare me, especially for people (unlike OP) that get suckered into them without really understanding what is happening. That balloon payment is going to be due regardless of the condition and market value of the car at turn-in, so you’re taking on all of the risk of the car’s value instead of a leasing bank. If you can afford the balloon no-problem, then it’s no problem.

But if you choose the balloon because you can’t afford the 60-month payments, you could get really stuck if you can’t get a good trade-in value before the payments shoot up.

1 Like

Frostbite looks so much like b5, interesting.

And since when did they start putting the hellcat hood on the scat packs :expressionless:, maybe when they went snorkel hood for the challenger.

Great looking car though.

1 Like

Some other credit unions have a similar product with an option to return the car and walk away at the end (like a lease) instead of making the last (balloon) payment.

I escaped the FCA F&I office!! They tried, really hard, to replace my financing, when that failed they tried, really hard, to sell me an extended warranty. I guess I look like an extended warranty type - I thought it wasn’t gonna happen, after getting a rental car and driving 2 hours to the dealership, but they relented and finally took my money.

2 Likes

How do we know this is really you and not your captor?

3 Likes

wow. cool. I thought it WAS B5 blue until someone said otherwise. I thought about B5 myself because I have a '67 Coronet R/T that is very close to B5.

Anyway, not that it matters to the thread, but, as tempting as the numbers are for this deal, I decided I just can’t let go of my Hemi Orange 2008 Daytona Charger. And that would definitely be a requirement set forth by the wife. Any new Chargers I’ve seen just don’t have the same character as mine, IMHO. So I’m keeping it, at least for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Its in the driveway so it’s official.

6 Likes

Burnout video or it doesn’t count

4 Likes

Look at how they delivered it:

Thats cause the lot guy took it for its first 360 lol

2 Likes

Dayum hope all 7 miles weren’t doughnuts

@z0lt3c congrats on the ride!

3 Likes

Nice! Congrats! More pics! Looks like bumper/spoiler covers stay on? :joy: