Deal Check: 2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack - $43,380 MSRP $2250 DAS $334/mo @ 24mo

Awesome man good for you, good things come to those that wait…now PM me the dealer lol.

2 Likes

What a painful process! Congrats. :clap: :clap:

1 Like

I’ve been following your thread from the beginning. To say you’ve been patient is an understatement. Congrats on your deal! One question… I’m guessing that getting a wide body would’ve made this not a hot deal?

1 Like

For anyone on the hellcat side, I have found a dealer that is doing 10% off msrp pre incentives on in-stock units, and they will possibly honor 10% on an ordered unit.

They are conferring with GM on that one, but essentially 10% off msrp would put me at circa $650/mo on an 80k charger hellcat and it would be $550/mo pre tax.

4 Likes

Is this with the Penfed financing or traditional leasing?

What region is the dealer located?

Thanks for the positive vibes guys… I’ll share the dealer when I get this thing closed. One thing I learned w/ FCA dealers is no celebrating until it’s in your driveway. Had to take the picture down become somebody guessed it already :wink:

PenFed does not have a “widebody” option so basically you are starting out $10K over MSRP which doesn’t work out to a very good payment.

That sounds like a great lead! Keep in mind that 2020 order banks are closed, so your ordering a 2021 right. I was told the only 2021 Challenger Hellcat would be the redeye, which again PenFed does not support as an option. If you can score 10% off an in-stock 2020 that should be a great deal, just a little bit above what I wanted to spend.

3 Likes

Wasn’t that hard, I didn’t guess I knew :wink:

It IS my namesake turf no?

1 Like

I’m on the hellcat forums :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, order banks closed a while ago for the '20s, hence people hesitant to order '21s with no PD yet.

I’m in the charger market :grin:, redeye looks to be an option for the charger rather than a separate trim like the challenger, even so 11k isn’t worth it for me, effectively pushes payment from 650 to circa high 8s low 9s… I had 850 to the wheels off simple mods on my 2017 charger… and that wasn’t even pushing the car.

I worked on an in-stock unit with them, true base 73k, Chrysler cap lease worked out to $599/mo after tax, us bank would have saved gg tax and been $550/mo sadly there’s no update on if they bring back that program from what I have heard.

Also that car sold like a hotcake

I’m working a traditional lease, but penfed would be an option worth exploring for those who are curious… it’s not for me though.

Midwest/South

I’m guessing they are betting on those becoming standard, if not government mandated features in the future, which would probably hurt the value of the ones that don’t have them.

Dodge has been doing this for years, and a lot of the stuff will not be standard, like hid headlights, etc etc. Although stuff like blindspots probably will be.

They sell base challenger hellcats with cloth + halogen headlights lol.

Fwiw they should have more standard equipment but it will also raise base price.

Dodge dealerships suck, I’ve never seen a car brand’s dealerships consistently hate to make money. I would plug the numbers they gave me without the power dollars into the lease calculator on the Dodge website and they would tell me I’m being ridiculous. Then I’d reply with how that number on the site is calculated and ask them for what they think the lease numbers should be and a breakdown of the numbers and they’d just never reply.

Got a sales order;

1 Like

Just ask for a quote and say I have sub prime credit. That’ll do it.

A rocky start here with Penfed. Check was supposed to go out yesterday, sent overnight, to arrive today.

Check didn’t go out until today (one day late). When they emailed me to say it was sent, they said it was sent regular mail. When I called up to complain, they said it was actually sent overnight, but they did not have a tracking number yet.

Seems unlikely it will arrive in time for my early morning delivery appointment tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll get a tracking number and figure out when to expect it.

1 Like

Welcome to PenFed.

I got the tracking number for the check package and confirmation of pickup from FedEx. I’m running a day behind schedule but it’s not a big deal.

In the past 10 months, I’ve used PenFed rebates to save $1500 on my Mercedes, $1000 on my Jeep and $1000 on this Dodge. I also use their credit card, for rewards points, and they service one of my mortgages. I must have had at least 4 or 5 prior auto loans with them. The juice is worth the squeeze.

3 Likes

Got my loan package from PenFed today and thought I’d share some feedback

• The loan document itself is identical to their standard auto loan document, except the balloon loan option is checked and the 24th payment is in the amount of the final payment + balloon $30,834.69 ($30,500 plus $334.69) due 10/14/22

• I am paying a total of $2.034.02 in finance charges during the 24 month term, with interest calculated on a daily basis based on the outstanding loan balance. This means about $85/mo is credited towards interest and $250/mo towards principal. I believe the total interest shown therefore only applies if I make all 24 payments, one per month.

• There is no prepayment penalty for paying early. This point, combined with the previous point, should mean I can buyout the vehicle at any point during the 24 months for the remainder of the principal-only payments, plus the final balloon payment. Thus the total interest could be much lower, for example if I sell it after 10 months. If I understand this right, it’s better then a lease buyout, where you pay the full “rent charge” regardless.

• They require both collision & comprehensive insurance, with a deductible maximum of $1000. However they also include something they call “Penfed Auto Advantage.” It says they will pay up to $500 per loss towards any insurance deductible. This is provided by a third party “AssurancePlus” at no charge. In addition, they also provide complimentary GAP insurance and Identity Theft Protection. These are unexcepted extras.

Hopefully tomorrow I’ll have this thing in my driveway.

What happens if the vehicle is totaled? Process is fascinating I may have to pull this off after winter.

1 Like

My primary insurance provider will pay out the market value of the vehicle and then the PenFed GAP insurance will cover any difference between the market value and the “unpaid net balance of the installment loan.”

What’s not so clear is what happens to the DAS I paid upfront, since this is not part of the unpaid net balance. Mostly likely, this reinforces the idea to not pay anything upfront, but it’s also possible that I can get some kind of sales tax recovery, which is greater then my upfront DAS.