Deal Check 2020 Chevy Bolt Premiere

2020 Bolt LT

I have $500 competitive lease and supplier discount. $7250 lease cash and $2500 dealer cash accounted for.

I feel as if the supplier discount should put me around 8.5-9.5% off of msrp. I am only getting 7.3% off.

Does anyone know the supplier discount percentage?

You’re looking at it wrong. Include the dealer cash as a discount instead of an untaxed rebate and you are near 14% off. That’s pretty consistent with the top end of the current Bolt deals. There might be another couple of hundred dollars there to shave off, but the quote is competitive.

Thank you, very helpful!

The quote I got on a Bolt Premier yesterday was 9% off MSRP and they added the $8250+$2500+$500 competitive lease all as taxed rebates. Are they doing it wrong?

Most rebates are taxed

Sounds like the $2500 shouldn’t be a rebate, just included as part of the dealer discount.

1 Like

Thank you! super helpful!

The “dealer cash” is a hidden incentive that is directly to the dealer for them to use to move these. It’s not a customer rebate and should be treated as a discount and not taxed.

1 Like

I’m getting lots of responses that purchase and lease pricing is different. I think the implication is that the $2500 dealer cash is only for purchases. I’m pretty sure they’re blowing smoke but wanted to see if anyone knew different. This is in socal

Other people have been getting quotes and confirmed deals using that dealer cash, and Edmunds seems to confirm that it’s for leases too.

Dealer included dealer cash in my deal breakdown.

Anyone aware if the bank is Ally for this? I have a deal in place, and was surprised the app was through Ally and not GM financial.

Everything mentioned here AFAIK has been using GM Financial. What’s the deal that’s being offered? Third party GM leases do exist, but they aren’t very common.

It is GM financial, I guess they use the Ally application. Seems weird. I will post the deal, pretty in line with the others listed here. 14% off MSRP with the $2500 dealer cash, no add ons, $0 DAS, etc etc

Does the bolt drive any better than the volt? The interior looks cheaper, but the car is faster.

Where in Edmunds will it show the incentives in my area? Does the lease cash and dealer cash exist in Florida?

You’ve got to create an account and then request the data on the forum here https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/59813/chevrolet/bolt-ev/2020-chevrolet-bolt-ev-lease-deals-and-prices/p1?new=1

I just signed a new Chevy Bolt Premier Red color, fully loaded 12k/36 months (CA- Bay area)

• DC Fast Charging
  • Driver confidence 2
  • Driver comfort
  • Info entertainment
  • All season leather liners

227 (incl taxes) per month + 695 (lease wear and tear protection) + 4000 Drive off
Total= 12630 => 350 per month (incl taxes)

Lease hacker calculator

Is this a good deal?

You signed congrats! Enjoy your new ride!

I bet most gm dealerships aren’t use to dealer cash, so they just throw it in the rebate line out of habit.