Deal Check: 2020 BMW M4 automatic - NOT competition version

This is what was sent to me:

Some of the charges listed on the right seem unnecessary, but may be common in Texas which is where the car is located (I’m in SE Pennsylvania)
I would like to be in the $800 - $900 range per month with all PA taxes and fees included, and I’m not exactly sure what is the best way to get there without having to put a ton of money out of pocket…any advice is appreciated

Good God man. You’re getting an absolutely pathetic discount (4%) coupled with almost $1800 in dealer add on BS. This deal is so bad right from the get go that I would just thank them and move on.

3 Likes

If lease credit is included in the “savings” they are selling you this car for $50 over the Msrp after the add-ons.

I wouldn’t waste my time talking to this dealer of I were you.

1 Like

Actually, I’d waste this dealer’s time, make sure he/she starts licking their fingers, commit and then disappear…

7 Likes

What is the MF/RV on a car like this?

If I were to go to him with a counter offer, what would be considered a “good” percentage discount (pre-incentive) for this car?

I don’t want to waste my time, so I would rather just get back to them with one good, but reasonable offer.

1 Like

Check Edmunds for that info.

Oh, ok…do I get it from their forums or the main website?

You go on to the make/model specific forum at Edmunds and ask about your specific terms, they’re usually quick to respond.

Also spend some time researching other M4 deals on here, there’s lots of examples, and search broker listings. Just basic homework. For example first broker I clicked on had a $110k+ M4 CS for 19% pre incentive discount at base MF with a pre-tax payment in the $700’s with MSD’s.

1 Like

Be wary though, deals are running slim on these, as inventory constraints are an issue. In the NE region there is basically no inventory. As for the CS, that payment is not really possible any more. Again, barely any inventory + most remaining cars have the $10k carbon-ceramic-brakes option, meaning forget getting that sweet payment. I only found one yas marina blue M4 coupe in the entire country besides the one OP is looking at. If you want a deal, I think @nyclife has a manual M4 that’s @ 12.5% off. It’s a heritage edition car, that should be in the $800s price range. From the research that I’ve done, the strongest deals are on the heritage edition models. These cars are loaded to the nines, but they don’t have the executive package, which in turn means they don’t have the ICON headlights. They however do have full merino leather (sweet option) and the competition package. I think you will have much more luck shooting for a heritage model.

That being said, I absolutely agree with everyone that the dealer add-ons are a non-starter.

I actually just reached out to NYClife, just waiting for a response.

Do you think it is worth getting back to the dealer and telling them I would need to see around 12% off and none of the add ons before I would be willing to talk further? Or am I just wasting my time?

I personally don’t think they’ll do it. It’s like 1 of the 2 Yas Marina Blue M4s in the entire country.
I think just tell them you’re getting 12% off MSRP + no dealer add ons & base MF elsewhere so you will have to pass.

Take a look at how many non-heritage edition M4s that particular dealer has in stock. He might be motivated if he has several (99% chance this is only one btw)

I’m in Central NJ. I just did a 250 mile search for new BMW M4 coupes. 38 results. Not a single standard car.
Of those 38, 3 are M4 CS models. 1 95K MSRP standard, non-heritage edition car. 34 heritage editions cars. The supply constraint is severe. Deal on a non-heritage model is pretty much going to be impossible.

Here’s that $95k standard ZCP coupe…freaking $10k interior package!!
https://www.bmwofalexandria.com/detail.cfm?inventoryID=491623&utm_campaign=deeplink&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=cars.com

1 Like

What is the difference between heritage and non-heritage cars? (Forgive my ignorance)

This is definitely not a competitive price quote. If you are amenable to a CS, you may be able to do better.

I posted this in another thread, but on a 36/10 for a $117K MSRP M4CS, I was quoted $864 a month including tax (7%) with zero upfront but 7MSDs. With the BMW CCA post sale rebate, BMW credit card points ( if you have that card), and the fact that only 35 payments are being made instead of 36, it gets the effective payment pretty close to 800 a month all in.

https://www.bmwusa.com/limited-edition-vehicles/m4-edition-m-heritage.html

A badge of honor.

The difference between a t-shirt and a t-shirt with a logo.

2 Likes

Well the heritage ones come in fixed color combos and options
Laguna Seca Blue with Black/white mixed interior
Velvet Blue with Black white mixed interior (more white than black)
Imola red with red/black interior

All of these have full merino leather and the competition package. They have an MSRP of $83k+ for manual and like 86.5k for the DCT ones. The things is NONE of these cars can be equipped with executive package. Which means no heads up display or side cameras or, the one option I really care about: ICON Led adaptive lights.

The ICONs are pretty much a must have IMO which is probably why these cars aren’t selling as well as they should. Here’s a pic of both my former 2018 M3 and my current 2020 M4 that have the Icon lights

Now here’'s a 2020 M4 Heritage edition with the standard LED lights

I got my 2020 M4 back in May, and the only reason why I skipped the Imola Red heritage M4 was because of the lack of the ICON LEDs. I ended up getting 11% off on my M4, roughly 12-12.5% was possible on a heritage car.

2 Likes

$199 for nitrogen. Good god.

1 Like

We all need air… :joy:

Mine is not a heritage edition, it’s a regular comp

Only 50 M4s without special order (heritage edition and individual colors) available in the US. Only 10 with DCT and non-comp. Production is over and all of the BMW diehards want to buy the last “real” M4 before the new one comes out.

Also if this is the car I think it is, reach out to @IAC. They work with that dealer.

2 Likes