Deal Check: 2020 BMW M340i Lease

I put these numbers into the calculator and came back with monthly payments of roughly $600/month but the dealer is saying with a $2,500 at a signing (fees, and 1st month, nothing down) that the monthly will be around $660. What am I not seeing?

What you’re not seeing is the MF that they jacked up :wink:

2 Likes

Why are you using March’s number for mf?

You didn’t include the transportation fee and acq fee. What the heck is lieu tax? Where is this being registered? That looks really high.

Why do you have $505 in dealer fees? CA dealer doc fees are capped at $85

Get an actual detailed breakdown of the cost, get the current Residual and MF, and then compare. You’re not gonna get anywhere with this sheet.

I was told that they used .00142 MF

I rolled the $270 transportation fee into the dealer fees. There was no acquisition fee listed on the breakout. Leased from SoCal dealer but register in AZ. No idea what Lieu Tax is either.

I will request a full breakdown and give you guys an update once I receive it. Thank you so much for the advice!

This is 9.9% off with the correct MF and incentives, not 12.8%. Autonation is more than likely not going to take away the packed rate, especially since you’re out of state.

Recently or did you ask them this last month?

This is from yesterday. It was originally .00158. When I questioned it, they said it was lower to .00142 and sent me this new quote.

To clarify, I was told they would do 12% before incentives. I have USAA so they added an extra $500 off the sales price.

How do you calculate the discount that you have to ask the dealer to offset the MF mark up

Interesting. I’ve never seen an .00024 mark up from a bmw dealer. Usually they do .00020 or .00040

Either way, it’s marked up

$ amount due to MF mark up = no of months * mf mark up * (adj cap cost + RV)

Got it thanks

So the consensus is that the MF and RV are off?

Have you done any research? This is the 2nd M340i thread you made and you don’t even know the MF/RV?

1 Like

Yes Jon I have. Thanks for following! Did you have anything you wanted to contribute?

Here’s the breakdown:

What did edmunds tell you for your zip when you asked?