Deal Check: 2020 BMW M340i Lease

MF is higher than what Edmunds had. So it should be .00118 with a 59% residual. I asked dealer if they can reduce to .00118 MF and also asked about the lieu tax.

Are they shipping this car in for you?

Yes for $270

If Iā€™m able to get the MF down to what edmunds has (.00118), do you guys see anywhere else to improve the deal? I think I would be getting the 12% off pre-incentive with base MF.

Correct registration fees would help a lot. Theyā€™re probably about $800 too high for CA.

MSDs will help.

Iā€™m registering it in Arizona since thatā€™s where I live. Do I have another option or way around this? Iā€™m not that familiar with this part of it.

I see Autonation mark up their MF on a lot of quotes. They give a good discount then mark up the MF to make money.

This is the frustrating part. I understand why they do it but it makes the whole process extremely stressful. Thank god thereā€™s resources such as this forum to help clarify what I may not know myself.

Is the dealer in Az or in Ca?

Went through this same thing on a Jag F-Type quote. Offered $33k off but then marked up the MF so high it was as expensive as a car with a $25K discount.

The dealer is in CA. Iā€™m in AZ

Itā€™s not really a discount if you end up paying the same monthly amount. From my understanding, the things to look for are Total Cap Cost, MF, and Residual. Some dealerships also add additional fees such as a desert package that is just another way to recoop the discount.

1 Like

Is the delivery fee from CA to AZ or for the dealer to get it to them in CA?

From CA to AZ

You could probably do better by just going to Chapman Chandler. Try a different CA dealer.

I tried Chapman. I didnā€™t like their selections. They only have two models between both dealerships and they are both blue.

Update: They wonā€™t change the MF but they will give me an OL code for $500 more off. I believe this works in my favor. Any thoughts?

Thereā€™s a lot of dealers in so cal. Just email another one saying the discount you want with base mf.

I emailed most of them over the past month. Only the Auto Nation ones were willing to give 12% discount and had a model I wanted. I think the $500 reduction would wiped out the increase in MF.

So Iā€™m getting 12% off MSRP, $1,000 conquest, $1,000 lease credit, $500 USAA, and $500 OL Code. The only decision I need to make now is if itā€™s worth waiting or jumping on right now. This was supposed to be a second car but my girlfriend works from home now so itā€™s not necessary. However, it will become necessary at some point and I know there will be a shortage coming since the factories are still closed.