DEAL CHECK: 2020 Audi Q5 Premier Plus (CALCULATOR VS. Dealer Sheet Difference)

Greetings,

Really starting to seriously look at leasing an Audi Q5. I am willing to work with out-of-state dealers and live in South Florida. What percent off should I go for? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you

You’re better off searching the forum instead of relying on anyone to just throw a number X out there off the top of their head.

But every Q5 quote here in the past few months has ranged from laughable to atrocious

Hey. Thanks, actually I have been doing that and have found very little info on the Audi Q5. So far in my own research it seems like around 8%. I was hoping to hear from other people who have recently negotiated deals.

If you can do 10% off it’s a solid deal

2 Likes

I am going to make the following offer (lease calculator below) to a local dealer. Their first offer was at 10% off plus incentives. I am offering 12% off plus incentives. If accepted, should I sign?

Any advice?

How many Audi dealers have you negotiated with?

If you aren’t ready to sign, then don’t make the offer.

I have spoken to three others.

Who said I am not ready to sign? I am ready to sign. I just want to know if I should ask for a better deal than the one I am proposing.

12%: "I can be at the dealership later today to sign the deal if we can agree on $XX,xxx.

11% Counter: Snap yes.

10% Hold: Begrudgingly agree to 10%. Recognize you had the bad luck of negotiating in a dealer friendly market. You end up paying $1,025 more than a “normal” market great deal (12% pre-incentive) - when you can leverage dealers against their desire to chase volume bonuses.

Good luck.

6 Likes

Thanks for the advice.

You did. Don’t propose a deal you aren’t ready to sign.

I could have worded it better.

Instead of words, I give you numbers.
Your base MF used is 0.00029 - that seems incorrect and is 0.00036.
Also you can use 7 MSDS for the max discount (I save you one MSD).
Do you have loyalty?

Thanks for the info. I will correct. I do not have loyalty.

Is your heart set on a Q5? Otherwise I don’t think too many people would pay $591 for a Q5 P+

4 numbers and 34 words/acronyms. A little wordy for you.

1 Like

My wife more than me but what do you mean? Can you expand on your comment? Should I be paying less? Are other vehicles better values?

Have you driven an etron?
Or a Pilot?
or an MDX?

Not the OP, but those are all cars that are significant bigger and in a different class.

Aside from the e-tron, how are the Pilot and MDX better values (aside from literally offering more physical car – which may or may not be important to the OP – for less $)?