DEAL CHECK: '20 BMW X7 M50i

Can someone explain to me how bad this deal was for me. I have a strong suspicion i got rapped but just trying to understand where and on what level. Looking for helpful tips on a new lease.

Thanks!

XC90 Inscription msrp $74,835
DAS $5258
Monthly $850
Zip 11101
Residual value: 43k

This was three years ago, so don’t worry about at this point, learn from it and get yourself a great deal with your new knowledge for the next one!

1 Like

Agreed! Looks like you are in NY (based on the NY tire fee). I’d reach out to one of the brokers on here that works that area if you want to save yourself time and money and let them get you the best deal.

Agree. I think most of us would like to go back but there’s no point. If looking for a new Volvo check out the various threads on here so you get a feel for what they are going for. Also check the Costco Auto Program for available incentives you can stack.

Forgot to add, check out @nyclife, he has some excellent Volvo deals and they might have pull-ahead I’m not sure

Yes, I’m in contact with one and stepping things up a bit with an X7 :slight_smile:

I was just honestly trying to figure out the numbers and see why the calculations were so high on my xc90z Im guessing there’s a high MF but not sure what it is.

It also looks like a high MSRP build, that plays into it

Right, it was a unique car at the time with all the options including polestar. I enjoyed driving it very much. Absolutely no regrets.

But I have a pure curiosity of the lease structure and how I got there with the payment.

LeaseHackr is absolutely amazing, with a wealth of information. So I would like to learn from my past experience as well. That’s why i posted my contract.

I can’t seem to figure out the MF

Money Factor = Rent Charge ÷ ( (Net Cap Cost + Residual) x Term )

Therefore it’s .00169 based on your contract

1 Like

Thank you!

You can go back on the Edmunds forums and see what the base MF was for 2017, too.

Ouch, I’d stop looking at it, you definitely got rapped. Almost $1000/mo for a $74k car with only 7500mi/yr. Post your next deal here prior to signing

2 Likes

Yup. The time and energy spent deciphering past deals is much better spent learning how to hack the next one.

Lease out of NY state and do MSDs

Thanks fellas!

How do we feel about x7M 111 msrp
10k discount - about 9% (not including loyalty)
10/36 in NYC
1325/monthly

Thanks

There’s several brokers on here offering better on basically every new BMW.

You also need more information than just discount to evaluate if the deal is any good.

Right!

DAS - 2700 (includes first payment - fees)

MF 0.00118

Must haves are 2nd row bench and DHP

Apparently very rare combo and there are only two on the East cost.

Might just build one and hopefully factories can open and start manufacturing again.

I have two months until return.

Edit the title to reflect your actual question about X7

Thank you for the suggestion!

1 Like

When you say lease out of NY - you mean registering it in another state?