DEAL CHECK: '20 BMW X7 M50i

No, going through a dealer that isn’t in NY. You can still register it in NY.

Aren’t MSD excluded from NY

Yes, a dealer in NY can’t offer them.

That’s why you use a dealer not in NY.

Got it!

I’ll look into it. I’m not too familiar with the concept other than you put up some money upfront to lower monthly and if the car is in selling condition you get it back?

Now his title says BMW X7 but his details and screenshot show a Volvo contract :joy:

3 Likes

Think of it as putting money in escrow in exchange for a lower interest rate. As long as you pay your payments, you’ll get your money back at the end. If there is damage to the vehicle, they may pull the amount out of your security deposits rather than send you a bill, but you were paying for the damage either way.

Gotcha. I Imagine it would have to be enough of a savings on the MF to lower the payment significantly to make sense.

I’ll post deal check on a new thread since it’s a bit confusing.

Generally it works out to be a 10-20% guaranteed annual ROI

1 Like

That’s respectable.

Thank you

Yeah…MSDs are almost a no brainer. If memory serves my last BMW MSDs returned ~17%. The Toyota ones from last year (they allow 9) were something north of 30%!

Also, as has been mentioned many times on LH, if your dealer allows a credit card for the DAS and MSDs, use it and get the points. Even better, try and get a BMW Visa and use it for the DAS and MSD and get 4x points, 0% APR grace period (last year was 15 months) and the sign on bonus. Free money!

I should add that it’s 10-20% tax free

If u already have that card on hand. If u apply for it, it takes 2 weeks or more to recieve it.

Thats true. A couple of folks (in one of the other threads from maybe a year ago?) mentioned that they were able to get the finance manager to apply for the card and use it at the same time. But def far better to have it on hand for sure.

That’s butter! I’ll definitely apply for it now.

Thank you

I dont know how that was possible at that time as the actual credit card number gets assigned on a random basis by mastercard which isnt immediate and takes time.
However, Im pretty sure it wont be possible at all now, cause the BMW card is now managed by Elan Financial which is a completely different entity (and not friendly btw)

What do you guys think?

This is for a build. 2020 BMW X7 M
MSRP: $ 109,475
Monthly Payment: $ 1285
Drive-Off Amount: $ 2700
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 0.00118
Residual: 56%
Incentives: loyalty (not included in the price) Region: NY

Hi friend.

You first want to be focusing on selling price before incentives rather than assuming what you want your monthly to be.

I’ve made a link using the leasehackr calculator to give you an idea on what should/will be paying. Keep in mind that the selling price, MSDs, fees and taxes are temporary placeholders and you should replace those values with the correct ones.

Based on the approximate drive-off and monthly you gave you’re only looking at 6.6% off MSRP, which you could probably do way better. The pro hackrs and brokers on here can give you a better idea on a good selling price.

I’m also a newbie to lease hacking so I’m here to help and learn along with you.

Yes, I forgot to mention it’s about 9% off for the selling of 99,622

Seems like it works within the numbers you inputted into the calculator.

Thanks!

It is possible to get more aggressive numbers?

By the way anyone know when the factory will reopen for production?

Monday they will begin to ramp up production.