Currently you can't transfer Mercedes leases

It’s definitely a bummer. The E-Class I got for my parents in January has only added 1,000 miles in six months.

Buyout is $45K and Caravana offered $36K. :joy:

Otherwise, I’m sure there’s someone who’d be interested in taking over a $392/month + tax lease on an E300 with Distronic and 360 cam.

2 Likes

Hi. I’m in a similar situation as you, finding myself now being unable to transfer a MB lease. Could you possibly just explain how the buyout and sell works in practice. If you buyout your lease mid term, do you stop paying lease payments as of that date and then hope to recoup as much of the buy out money through a sale as possible? Do you get hit with any penalties if you try to buy the car out before the end of the lease?
Thanks very much

I have a 2019 C300 which I was looking to transfer but obviously now can’t. I would be very grateful if anyone could help with these questions:

1. If I buyout the car now (with 2.5 years left to run on the lease), do I stop paying monthly lease payments as of the purchase date?
  2. are there penalties for an early payout?
  3. Do i get my MSDs returned as at the date of buyout?

The buyout price is £25,300 but I seem to be getting a Carvana quote of $30,900, which would put me $5k in the clear provided I get my MSDs back.

I’d appreciate any guidance from someone who’s done it.

Thanks

1. When you buy it out, you’re essentially buying it outright from the leasing company. You pay their price, and that’s the end of it.
  2. It should be in your buyout price, but you must confirm all this with your leasing company (no one here can answer that definitively).
  3. Your buyout price already includes the deduction from your MSD. That means, your MSD’s have already been applied to your buyout price (there’s nothing to return). Again, call your leasing company.
1 Like

No, I didn’t get hit with any penalties. I pulled quotes on Carvana and Vroom, which were very low. I knew that in my area, most dealer lots are empty of used cars, but demand is still strong. I negotiated with a couple dealers I found through KBB Instant Cash Offer. Don’t take the KBB Price tho. I traded two cars this way last week, and on one I negotiated $8k above the Instant Cash Offer Price, and on the other $2k over. I had the dealer (a non-MB Dealer) call and get the dealer payoff for the car. They had MBFS fax it over. I paid the difference between the pay off and trade price, and it was done.

Just got off the phone with swap a lease and Mercedes-Benz financial services. As of Monday, lease transfers are “permanently suspended.“

2 Likes

Wow- The end of an era

I noticed MB is no longer doing lease transfers due to COVID-19. I am not seeing other auto makers go this route. I am wondering what is MB’s reasoning for doing this. Thoughts?

How about just searching instead of posting the same question in 3 different places? There are multiple posts about this.

2 Likes

Ally is not transferring leases right now.

1 Like

Thanks. I did a quick search but didn’t find info. Thanks to the mod for merging my question.

Anyways, I have a 2019 C43 that I was able to hack down to $517 a month back in April. My work has changed to 100% remote for the next year so no need for the C43. I’ve only driven it 800 miles in the last 3-4 months. Would have been a perfect lease swap but I guess my only option is a buyout now.

MSRP: $64,385
Sale Price: $49,936
Discount: 22.5%
12k miles
48 months
Monthly: $517
MF: 0.00139
Tax: 7.75%

If anyone is interested, send me a message. Otherwise it will continue to sit in my garage. Buyout with tax is around $49k.

Let me see if this helps summarize prior posts…:

• all MBFS transfers permanently suspended
  • transfers comprise a very small (tiny) percentage of their business
  • the entire transfer department has been reassigned
  • swapalease now notes MB/MBFS as “transfers not allowed”

Anything I missed?

7 Likes

If you got a C43 only for purposes of commuting, I feel the car suffered a great injustice. People do drive outside of 9-5, you know!

It was meant as a weekend car and maybe commute once a week. I have an IS300 for commuting. Now they are both sitting in my garage :frowning:

Well this is a tragedy. Seriously WTF Mercedes. There’s an MB in our household that was leased with the sole intention of transferring out. Audi was offering a better deal but we didn’t take it. We also had a transferee lined up & ready to go. I am beyond pissed off & will likely never lease another Mercedes. Status quo matters. Light-switch policies in general are terrible. Easy way to ruin brand reputation.

2 Likes

Settles it, next hacker tarket will be a BMW, rip my insurance.

Sell the is300. You will probably get a good offer for it.

1 Like

That translates into “class action lawsuit”.

Does it? It’s MBFS policy, it’s an offered ability, and offers can be revoked at any time. Besides, I think MB can afford much more lawyerpower than any leasing community or dealer could.

Seriously WTF Mercedes. There’s an MB in our household that was leased with the sole intention of transferring out.

Same, intended to keep it for about 8-12 months and then transfer.