Curb rash on BMW rim, fix it before inspection?

Hello fellow hackers :slight_smile:

I have a 2018 BMW 330e that has kissed the curb a few times while parallel parking here in town. My turn-in date is in early March (though I might extend by 1-2 months) and I have an inspection set up with Autovin at my house the end of this week.

Should I try and get these repaired before my inspection? Or wait to see if they call it out, and if they do, get it repaired?

I am fairly certain you have a certain $ of wear and tear included in your lease agreement which includes wheels.

Have a look at your contract

1 Like

get pre inspection first at dealer

As follow up to this, do you need an auto vin inspection after dealer inspection? BMW Bellevue said there’s no appointments needed, just show up and we will inspect the car in 15 mins.

Just added a second picture, sorry didn’t work on the first try.

nah not on a beemer.

1 Like

I can do a pre inspection at the dealer before the full inspection with Autovin?

If I remember correctly, BMW charges $200-$400 per rim. You can get a single rim fixed for $150. And that is big enough where they will notice. You can get a pre-inspection, but they won’t pass.

when i went to bmw seattle i just turned it in after the original “inspection”. The front desk guy at the dealer walked around the car and just called out the big things, and I told him I was happy to pay the charges. It took 15 minutes, so probably similar process at bellevue

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks! I’m also WAY under miles (less than 50% of my allowed miles) so hopefully any credit I get would cover the rash. I’ll check the contract.

I never saw a contract that covered damage when I worked for BMW (unless they had tire and wheel or lease end insurance). BMW will give you up to $300 for the unused miles if you lease/finance another BMW.

Thanks! I’ll push back the inspection and call around to get the rims fixed. Appreciate it!

BMW does not charge for minor curb rash.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t fix anything small on Bmw. I have had nothing but good experience dealing with their customer service. Get a pre-inspection, if you decide not to fix, call and ask for a full waiver. Worst case settle by splitting the charges.

1 Like

Is that considered minor though? It’s the worst I’ve had on a lease.

That’s minor.

2 Likes

I don’t have BMW in front of me but here’s Chase

Have a look at your contract for this section

1 Like

Disagree. I had worse curb rash on 3/4 wheels and wasn’t charged. OP should get the pre-inspection first and if they don’t call it out he’s good to go. I took pictures of the car from all angles right before turning it in as well.

1 Like

Inspect first. They may not care. If they do then go get it fixed.

Wait for the Autovin report before you do anything. Then you will know for sure.

1 Like