Curb rash on BMW rim, fix it before inspection?

Almost did the same thing of getting the rims fixed before pre-inspection. Autovin came by, took pics where similar to @jananth1 3/4 were worse than yours. They just notated it as regular wear and tear.

2 Likes

Agreed I just turned in an Audi with equal to worse curb rash on 2 of the wheels and it was just listed as normal wear and tear with no charge.

You have nothing to lose by getting the inspection done first and seeing what they come back with.

2 Likes

Thanks. Is the Autovin a pre inspection or actual inspection?

Pre inspection if they’re coming to your location

1 Like

I literally had a scratched up bumper in my S5. Clearly more than 2 inches from a curb scrape. They looked at it and said it was close enough to allowable wear and tear. Wasn’t charged for anything beyond the lease return fee.

It’s “Pre” in the sense that you haven’t actually turned the car in yet, but they do not contest anything on the report. Obviously, if you have a huge dent at the turn-in that wasn’t on the report, they might ding you. The whole point of the Autovin at your house before the actual turn-in is to protect you against surprises by the dealer.

1 Like

Great information. I do not have curb rash, but I have a door ding in the front passenger side door. I have not taken to get an estimate, but I assume PDR company would charge $100 or less. I return my lease in July. Should you have door dings repaired prior to turn in?

Not with BMW or Audi most likely. It’s not an exact science but minor door dings are okay

1 Like

Thank you! I have a Volvo XC90 and second lease in my 35 years of driving. Such a great website here and information, I plan to lease again, but find another SUV…maybe a Lexus GX460.

I wouldn’t fix it. Just return as-is and have BMW bill you for the lease return and wear and tear. Once you get the bill just call them and ask for it to be waived.

Gotcha, ty!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.