Crazy good Incentives on Lexus RZ450E currently

I have one RZ450E already and love it so much that I decided to get a second one. Reviewers tend to bash the poor range but forgot to mention that it’s the best driving EV under 70k.
Went to a SoCal dealership and they had 15k lease rebate with no penalty to buyout(buyout is my plan in the next few months). On top, I got a 6k discount so total discount was 21k off of a premium trim(msrp was 62,200). Went from 2022 Model Y to first RZ earlier this year and never looked back. This is my second.

2 Likes

What are the monthly payments like?

For under $70K… I think the Lyriq and i4 have excellent ride quality and quiet cabins. Ioniq 5, GV60, EV6, Lightning, ID.4 are one step below those two and then at the rear… the Model Y and Mach-E.

Mind sharing the monthly payment and the DAS? Thnx.

What has your actual range comparison between the Y and your first RZ been?

I put 15k down so my payment is very low. The main purpose is because I’m going to buy it out in 1 or 2 months anyways. If you want to hold the lease for the whole 36 months it may be better to get a separate quote from your own local Lexus dealer

The RZ epa range is quite accurate; I get around 200-215 miles on a full charge with AC on. For the Tesla MY Long Range I got around 270-290 miles on a full charge

1 Like

If you total it the $15k is gone.

Yikes

13 Likes

What is the point of this post if you have to go to local dealer? Just give all details.

8 Likes

Be VERY cautious

2 Likes

Or he just gets into an accident and has $$$ diminished value on his hands. May not want to buy out after that.

If an accident and diminished value, wouldn’t he just ride out the lease? A larger down payment would have no impact in that case, correct?

FWIW, there is a broker advertising 10% off MSRP on this model in the Marketplace.

1 Like

Right. The point was that he wants to buy out after 2-3 months and any accident effectively kills this option.

Yeah, but think of the tens of dollars he is saving on interest.

15 Likes

Correct. Basically the cost to lease is around 12k for 36 months. Money factor adds another 12k making total cost to lease around 24k. Paying off within 1 week of lease neglects the 12k in money factor

True. But then we get back to totaling the car with huge down payment.

2 Likes

Down payment amount is irrelevant. You can put $2,000 down if you are concerned. I just had a lot of cash in my safe deposit that I decided to use that’s why I made a big down payment.

He’s going to buy it out very soon. So the entire equity is his. Insurance payoff less loan balance.

Are you saying it’s impossible to total the car within a few days after signing a lease? :thinking:
We can talk about the odds, of course, and I agree that they are really low.

is it just a bz4x?