Costco Promotional Membership (Good Timing for GM Holiday Event)

https://www.groupon.com/deals/costco-membership-2019?utm_campaign=1029&utm_medium=afl&utm_source=GPN&tsToken=US_AFF_0_1029_1327_0&sid=4c422904da3811e9bea89af788fc54630INT&bypass=true

A One-Year Costco Gold Star Membership, which includes a membership card for the Primary Cardholder and one additional Household Card for anyone over the age of 18 and living at the same address.
A $20 Costco Shop Card (gift card is valid towards any purchase, including gas)
Exclusive coupons for the following products ($68.98 value*):
Free Kirkland Signature Ultra Clean HE Laundry Detergent Pacs ($17.99 value)
Free Kirkland Signature Create-a-Size® Paper Towels ($15.99 value)
$10 off Fresh Meat (beef, chicken, pork, or fish; excludes deli items)
$25 off an order of $250+ on Costco.com

Valid for new members and those with memberships that expired prior to May 1, 2019

edit: fine print from the promo. You need to sign up with a Visa card in-store, so make sure you have one or this is useless.

To qualify for the Costco Shop Card and coupon incentive, you must bring your printed Costco Membership Activation Certificate to a U.S. Costco location by January 31, 2020 and agree to auto renewal of your Costco membership on a Visa card at the time of sign-up.

This will be good timing for the anticipated GM Holiday Sales event that should begin next month.

4 Likes

THANK YOU, I signed up :slight_smile: been waiting for a good promo. This is awesome, basically free with the really good coups!!

2 Likes

We do all of our shopping at costco. If you’re smart about buying in bulk and storing, you save an absolute bundle. Not just on cars and gas.

3 Likes

Isn’t Costco Gold always $60? Or is it just all these added promos/coupons are a new thing? Been considering gettin a Costco account for some time

We extreme coupon in bulk and store. Costco has really good deals but rarely can you get crazy deals like you can at Meijer/Kroger/drug stores bc they don’t accept manufacturer coupons.

Currently in the basement hoard we have about ~200 bottles of Garnier Whole Blends shampoo and conditioner that I got for $0.15 each, ~100 12ct packs of free Finish dishwasher pacs, a couple hundred gallons of laundry detergent that we’ve probably paid $20 for combined. And so much more crap. It’s all useful crap but it will take a long time to use some of it.

We go through quite a bit of Ciroc vodka, so gotta save somewhere :poop:

8 Likes

Hows costco compared to like Target?

I think it says that the mandatory auto-renewal must be on a Visa, but the $60 deal on groupon can be paid with anything

Renewal Election: By purchasing you agree at the time of membership sign up that your Costco membership fee will automatically renew and be charged to a selected Visa card provided at the time of sign up annually on the first day of your renewal month until you choose a different form of payment or cancel your Costco membership.

Honestly I have never had a Costco membership so I’m excited to find out.

I use this site for weekly matchups for the ‘national’ chains’: https://thekrazycouponlady.com/
There’s a ton of crap on it, it’s gotten worse than slickdeals, so I usually just look at the weekly Target and drugstore matchups like this:
https://thekrazycouponlady.com/2019/09/14/target-weekly-ad-deals-9-15-9-21

For anyone in metro detroit, this site is awesome: https://www.bargainstobounty.com/

Correct, I added the edit because I was surprised that auto renew had to be in a Visa. The only Visa I have is my debit card. I used to have a Citi Visa but it was converted to MC.

Now you can get a Volvo next year. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Costco dropped Amex as their exclusive CC in 2016. Now they don’t accept them at all.

2 Likes

All of these coupons and Cash Card are promotional bonuses

Too pretty for me.

1 Like

Yesterday at the gas station, a guy got out of a slightly older Tiguan and was walking around my car, looking at it as if he was amazed and awed. It was pretty funny, especially since I was sitting in it (because, of course, you don’t pump your own gas in NJ!).

and it’s still 30 cents a gallon cheaper than PA, where we have to do all the work.

He wasn’t looking at your car…he was looking at the booger hanging from your nose!

3 Likes

I’m sure that means looking all around the front/hood of my car and circling my tires too!

He was thinking A/S/L?

5 Likes

Oh that, he was trying to look down your shirt without being obvious.

What’s the GM Holiday event, how will that be helpful in the sense of getting good lease deal?

It’s always obvious.

2 Likes

We also extreme coupon and have mass quantities of laundry detergent, Dish soap, Swiffer Dusters, etc. We haven’t had to pay for shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc since about 2009. Costco is one of our splurges and its quite typical to go in seeking milk and cheese and come out spending $400

5 Likes