Costco Membership For Auto Deals Only?

HI everyone, I am starting to think about my next hack as my 330e is up in February 2021. I know I’m not going to do as well as I did on that car (https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/signed-loaner-330e-49-945-msrp-347-14-mo-0-das-titled-in-my-name), but want a great deal on whatever I get.

I was wondering whether it makes sense to get a Costco membership just for the potential lease rebates… I know that they’ve had great Volvo and Audi incentives recently, but how often are they this good? Do they ever have BMW?

Also, am I correct that the membership is $60 and includes the auto incentives by default? I doubt I’ll ever shop there otherwise (don’t need volume with my family size).

Theres no harm in taking a “risk” for $5/Month

Auto incentives are by default

1 Like

I get my money’s worth from Costco membership on my Parmesan cheese purchases, it is about $10 pound cheaper than elsewhere, go through about 10 lbs a year

4 Likes

Yea, Costco offers oodles of things beyond just bulk food items, its not hard at all to get your $60’s worth even if you don’t have a big family, etc.

Thanks for the answers! I’ll get a membership and hope for some good incentives in Feb!

Open a PenFed account too, I think it costs all of $15.

1 Like

Do you need to have served in the military for penfed?

Nope, you don’t

You can cancel Costco membership at any time and get a full refund. You can save alot there a sa good shopper and you dont need a family. Possibly save the money on the gas station alone.

If you ever need to rent a car during travel and whatnot, Costco’s rental partnerships are amazing. You will make up for your membership fee during a single rental, often two to threefold. That alone makes it worthwhile.

Cool, I just deposited into a PenFed high yield account. It would be awesome if Costco had BMW incentives and I could stack Costco + Loyalty + PenFed on an X3 hybrid next winter!

1 Like

You can buy a ton of stuff from costco online as well if you don’t have a brick and mortar location close by.

If you do have one close by, why aren’t you buying your gas there?

Hahah, I haven’t bought gas since March… working from home for the foreseeable future and have the battery charged on my 330e.

They also have great diapers

2 Likes

Well that’s the worst excuse I’ve ever heard :roll_eyes: ha!

1 Like

“Try this one trick and oil barons will hate you”

Yeah, not the most fun way to save gas, and I was way under my 10k mileage even before… probably going to return this car with less than half of my miles used.

Is leasing the best for you if you’re using so little of the mileage allotment? You’re paying for the miles.

Costco is also great for kitchen appliances (at least for the middle-ish to upper middle market) - think Samsung/LG/GE and their higher end lines, but not quite Viking level stuff or the low price random brands you never heard of at the box stores level.

Prices are lower or about the same as HDP/Lowes, but they include basic installation - Saved me over $1k on my last set over HDP when accounting for haul away/install costs

Their LED flush mount lights are a steal too, especially when they’re on sale :wink:

Great prices for fine jewelry too…
https://www.costco.com/round-brilliant-6.55-ct-vs1-clarity%2C-g-color-diamond-platinum-solitaire-ring.product.100016066.html