Costco gas, anyone?

To be fair, full service typically costs more at a self-service station. There’s definitely no reason to ever pay more for full, but not gonna lie - there are some parts of winter and summer when I wouldn’t mind staying in my car if it were the same price like in NJ/Oregon…

I was joking about the peasant comment lol I work at a 711 for crying out loud, but ya ocean county is a mess so I don’t blame you

Your family owns a 7 11, it’s not the same as some kid working at the store. Just saying.

Time to bring back the behind-the-license-plate gas caps!

1 Like

No but I like to stay grounded because I didn’t always have $ so gotta keep 1 foot planted on the ground. Never forget where you came from

1 Like

You wait for 10 minutes at that Costco and then get to wait 30 minutes across the street at chick fil a drive thru.

Most of my time in Ocean County is spent driving/sitting in traffic so I happily pay whatever any gas station wants to avoid having to make another trip to Brick for Target/Costco gas/chick fil a.

1 Like

My annoyance with some NJ gas is the cash/credit difference. If I hand my debit card and say debit, that is the same as cash. I’ve had attendants in fort lee ask me for my PIN (nope) and others nearby always select credit. I don’t miss that.

1 Like

It’s worse - it’s called free child labor …

2 Likes

I never fill my Bolt at Costco, i might park it in my soon to be ex wife’s garage though

1 Like

Bigger things to think about then gas prices lol

Good luck :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Just a FYI for you Costco gas people.

You know they open at ~6am and close ~9pm right? Visiting out of Store Hours is usually short lines.

4 Likes

Lol yea I would always just leave for work a few minutes early and there was never a line on weekdays, especially since most of the Costco’s around me have upgraded to 4 pumps per line.

Shut your mouth!

1 Like

Most families do that but the sheer amount of hours I work it’s not worth it to pay me in cash, plus I wouldn’t have been able to get my car with no income history or credit score

So for my car, which is costing me (say I have a $500/month lease) $10,000.00 + annually including insurance, gas, and other miscellany…I’m going to drive miles out of my way, at weird hours to save maybe $300 tops annually in gas?

Costco is fine if I’m driving by, or going shopping. And the line is reasonable.

Here in Los Angeles, there is a single Costco from Santa Monica to Downtown, North of the Airport. Not including the Valley. If you live further east, Los Feliz has no gas so you need to go to Burbank or drive even longer.

1 Like

Where I am Costco is 50c cheaper than anywhere around and it’s near my house and work (2 different ones).
I know why it’s such a high differential, but that has to do with local politics.

I do wish it had a Car Wash like I think Torrance does.

Lol have you talked to the Porche dealers?

But why does it matter how they decide to spend their time & $$?

May be they like the down time waiting in line at Costco gas line while the spouse & kids are in the club shopping

may be this is the only “me” time they can get cuz they’re so busy making $$ all the time.

TBH, IMO, people think being part of Costco (& telling everyone about it)is like being part of a cult so everyone just feels like they have to be doing it.

Quality merchandise, good pricing, awesome promotions for other random services, cashback, extended warranties, etc. I don’t see anything “cult” about it. I’d tell you about a cult, but because of the “keeping the peace” statutes of this forum I won’t :slight_smile:

Except there are some significant savings from Costco…or you pay the same price and get more. Like their towels, $7.99 per towel and they are from the same manufacturer that makes the St.Regis and W hotel towels. Pepcid AC - 100 tablets for the same price you pay at CVS for 50. Granted, there are plenty of things I wouldn’t buy there but there are definitely some items in which you can get quality merchandise for a good price…$1.50 hotdog combo is a winner alone.

1 Like

Now you’ve done it! It’s all your fault!

2 Likes