Corvette crossover/SUV coming

Interesting: Did GM Just Show Off a Chevy Corvette SUV at CES? | The Drive

*GM SAID TO PLAN EXPANSION OF CORVETTE LINE WITH CROSSOVER SUV

1 Like

Im going to be honest. That would be a TERRIFIC idea.

2 Likes

PLEASE DEAR GOD MAKE IT MID ENGINE

7 Likes

Looks like a cooler/faster Cayenne!

Been waiting for this for years! Not taking advantage of the suv craze is a silly move. At one time there was the safety factor with fast suvs. But that’s out the window now!

I have a feeling it will be an EV. Not saying that’s bad or good.

3 Likes

ala Mach E maybe? I saw a Mach E the other day, it looked pretty good.

5 Likes

Hope it’s more closely related to the Vette than the Mach-e is to the Mustang…

Yeah, Mach e seems like a pure branding exercise but I would take it over a Tesla just for the interior alone.

2 Likes

They should have just called it the “mach e” and been done with it.

3 Likes

Ford put a Mustang on the front of a Model Y and said they won’t notice.

They can name it the eVette, with a personal assistant built-in of the same name. Kinda like KITT from Knight Rider.

Or the VettEV. That’s a palindrome!

Also a good chance they name it the Jolt, based on their EV/PHEV naming history.

4 Likes

As far as sub-brands go, Mach is a pretty good one to own. Evoking fighter jets and all.

Mach followed by a single digit number could have been the nomenclature for their future lineup of EVs

Yup, it makes good marketing sense to stick with the mach lineage. It also references the mustang line without hitting you over the head with it.

Makes a lot more sense than calling a model y competitor a mustang.

2 Likes

The problem is that much of their IP such as the Mach 1, Mustang, Cobra Jet, etc is deeply tied to performance, racing and ENGINES, which is why the Mach E was viewed as such an affront by the Ford racing and performance fans. I see why they are doing it, it’s much easier to latch onto the success of previous models. It’s still not as idiotic as Porsche using “Turbo” on an EV.

3 Likes

1 Like

Also: when every 911 has a turbo, which one is called a “turbo”?

1 Like

Eww, looks like a Blazer with a different grill/headlight and C pillar. I thought the Cayenne looked like an atrocity when it came out (still do), so what do I know? Will probably sell like crazy even it it only comes with the 2.7T i4.

$7-12 billion projection from MS analyst. They should have done this long ago. But no time is better then now for lux suvs

I think calling it a Ford Mach 5 or something similar (leaves room to introduce smaller and larger vehicles) is a much smaller affront to Ford pony car enthusiasts than calling it a Ford Mustang something