Coronavirus effects

Probably Lunar holiday helped.

You will be going from COVID-free zone into epicenter of it in Weschester county.
Plus seasonal allergy probably have started in no help with your astma.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been working from home (when not traveling by air) since 2008.

Today the other bread winner in the house found out that itā€™s WFH until further notice.

By the grace of God I already have a ticket to San Diego for ~2 weeks, departing Friday afternoon. :stuck_out_tongue:

Weā€™ve only managed to put on 3,800 miles on the new vehicle since June (and itā€™s usually the commuter when Iā€™m not here).

Iā€™ll stay put with the dog. @jeisensc will approve, because then I can take an even further ridiculous amount of pictures!

I always take my work computer with me, just in case.

Iā€™m not only saving miles, but Iā€™m saving on tolls too, so win-win!

2 Likes

Yeah the paper towels were gone too, what are you going to do with 32 giant rolls of paper towels? Wipe every surface in your house a hundred times?

@trism - so your lease isnā€™t affected by COVID-19šŸ˜€
You arenā€™t driving anyways.

1 Like

I can at least picture a use for paper towel but I canā€™t for boxes upon boxes of Clorox wipes.

Assuming your dog tested negative for Covid-19 :grin:.

3 Likes

Who needs an empty plane to get upgraded? :tipping_hand_man:t2::nail_care:t2:

1 Like

I do:) I have no statuses with any airlines and I donā€™t travel enough to eat onešŸ˜€

RIP NY auto show:

Very little impact unless I also stop driving to the grocery store 6x a month. :canned_food:

Judging by mass histeria you wonā€™t have to do that since there wonā€™t be anything left to buyšŸ˜€

1 Like

That may be an interesting case for me to go to NYC Auto show with kids in August since many will be on vacationšŸ˜€

Iā€™ve been largely MIA here because of the COVID-19 outbreak. Up here in Seattle, in addition to most companies mandating telework, weā€™re experiencing rolling closures of schools and childcare facilities for sanitation purposes and Iā€™m expecting more widespread containment measures are going to be taken shortly. My son has been home from his daycare since Friday.

4 Likes

Stupid people. They donā€™t know that they can use newspapers instead lol

1 Like

@28firefighter - ouch. You are in the epicenter of the panic.
Does it look like zombiepocalipce ghost town yet?

@Ursus that was so 1929. Only immigrants would know that feelingšŸ˜€

You are too young to remember 70s :grin:

New Rochelle in NY is right behind WA thanks to the stupidity of humanity. I understand one of the people involved in this spread was tested at a hospital, told they were likely positive, but wouldnā€™t have test results for 48-72hrs and recommended to stay at home and self quarantine, but they thought better and attended two large events, one private and a work conference.

Do everyone a favor, and if your told to stay home and wait for results, PLEASE do so.

I suspect Toyota increased their incentive this month bc of the virus. Itā€™s higher then normal

2 Likes